SOLVED
5 REPLIES 5
fowley
New Voice
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Volume constantly decreasing

Hi,

About 30 minutes ago the volume on my Medion TV started to be reduced to zero. I assumed it was the remote batteries, but it wasnt. Even without batteries the TV seemed to be receiving commands to reduce the volume. Asking Alexa to set the volume to ten works momentarily and then it reduces to zero. Restarting / unplugging the TV format help. I can still use the remote to access the home menu, on the sound menu selecting things results in the options being cycled as if I'm pressing the left arrow button on the remote. This seems to be the case in general. But the command isn't coming from the remote and happens even when I cover the IR receiver on the TV. It's very very bizarre. Anyone ever had anything like this? It's only 1.5 years old, and apart from your brand new and awful problem the TV has been fine. 

Can the TV somehow break in a way that it thinks command from the remote come through even though this isn't the case??

C

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fowley
New Voice
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

As an update.

The technician came and verified the problem. They opened the TV and disconnected the IR receiver, to check if it was the receiver. The problem disappeared. They then reconnected the receiver and the problem didn't come back.

The assumption is it was a loose connection at the cable connector.  How it happened bis anyone's guess, the TV wasn't dropped or hit or anything.

So in the end, it works fine again. And it's still a great TV for the money. I was very satisfied with the technicians visit (face masks, distance etc etc).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hi @fowley ,

I am wondering whether or not it is an interference issue. Please perform the following:

a) Remove the batteries from all the remote controls near the TV (including the TV's one).

b) Switch your TV on from the multifunction button or from the stand by button (depending on the model).

c) Download Medion Life Remote app and control it from your smartphone screen (please make sure both the phone and the TV are connected to the same LAN network).

d) If it does not work, please perform the first time installation (Menu->Settings->Installation->First time installation) and see if the problem persists.

If none of the previous troubleshooting work for you, please contact your local Medion Technical Support team

Regards,

Gehringer

fowley
New Voice
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi Gehringer,

All tried. Got a call back from the tech support line. Someone will call to replace a part in the TV.

Best and thanks for the reply,

Ciaran

Gehringer
Retired
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @fowley ,

thanks for the update!

Please let us know if the problem is solved.

Regards,

Gehringer

fowley
New Voice
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@Gehringer  will do, soon as they get here and do their thing

fowley
New Voice
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

As an update.

The technician came and verified the problem. They opened the TV and disconnected the IR receiver, to check if it was the receiver. The problem disappeared. They then reconnected the receiver and the problem didn't come back.

The assumption is it was a loose connection at the cable connector.  How it happened bis anyone's guess, the TV wasn't dropped or hit or anything.

So in the end, it works fine again. And it's still a great TV for the money. I was very satisfied with the technicians visit (face masks, distance etc etc).

5 REPLIES 5