cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Cam S87205 - Software Reset / Rebuild?

4 REPLIES 4
GAJ
Beginner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Action Cam S87205 - Software Reset / Rebuild?

I have the S87205 action cam [http://www.aldi.medion.com/md87205/nord/], which has been excellent at doing what I want it to in terms of a fixed camera with a wide angle lens for covering sports matches (hockey:  I stick on behind each goal and then edit the footage for full coverage of pitch).   But the video function intermittently stops working, usually after 30-40 minutes or so.  I've double checked to make sure that Auto Off is disabled;  I've re-formatted SD card and tried new ones;  I've changed the battery;  I've tried the reset function within the Menu;  but no change.  Anything I can do to force the camera back into its original state?   Anything I can do to wipe the system software on it and re-load / re-build from another cam (I have 2)?   Other than the video stopping (which I can do little about since cannot get to the camera during matches), it seems all to be working fine.

4 REPLIES 4
Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @GAJ

The reset option in the menu should reset the camera to factory defaults, so if this is being caused by some setting, this should solve it. I don't think there is another way to reset the camera.

So you have 2 of those actioncams, and only one of them has the problem? Is the quality setting the same on both camera's, and have you tried the SD card from the working cam in the other one? I was thinking maybe the SD card can't keep up with with the amount of data?

Kind regards,
Bart
GAJ
Beginner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Yes, have tried changing everything I can - SD cards , batteries;  formatting, Reset using menu.

But still will not reliably capture video for more than about 35 mins - sometimes less - and seems just to stop the video function (file reads OK) while leaving the camera on.

I was wondering if there was any way to access the system software and do a re-install of what is on the fully operational (and slightly newer) camera 2.

In the meantime I'm trying videoing at different settings to see if that makes any difference (no reason it should, but you never know!) ie 720p/60fps instead of 1080p/30fps.

Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I don't know of any way to perform a reinstall. I couldn't find anything about the possibility to update the firmware, so I wonder if it is even possible to manually install anything. 

Is the camera out of warranty already? Otherwise I'd call Medion and have them have a look at it? 

Kind regards,
Bart
GAJ
Beginner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Have now tried camer twice using different video settings (720p/60 cf 1080p.30) - and it seems to be functioning properly again.

Cannot understand why, but happy that it is.   Puts extra pressure on editing machine etc, rendering and so on;   but worth it to be able to rely on getting what I want.  I'll try it again on 1080p/30 as a test when I get the chance .............

4 REPLIES 4