System recovery disc

11 REPLIES 11
Cg
New Voice
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

System recovery disc

Hi,
While I was completing a clean up of my laptop the lead came out and when I turned it back on it wouldn't boot, I found a Windows and system back up discs so put these in to re boot my laptop but once it has installed to my horror I had installed a system from a completely different laptop, which has also left me missing drivers that allows me to connect to Internet,,, so my question is how and where would I get a system recovery disc to reinstall my medion akoya system back on. And would this work ? Many thanks.
11 REPLIES 11
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

@Cg

Hi Cg,

if you do  not name your laptop-model, nor the MD- and MSN-Number and which System ( Win Vista, 7 or 10?) you use, nobody will be able or willing to support.

regards, daddle

Cg
New Voice
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Hi it's a akoya e6313, Msn is 30014992, md97982, and was running on Windows 7, but due to using the wrong backup discs it's now running vista. Thanks
daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

@Cg

If you did use an OEM Windows-Vista-recovery-disk, it's just like a new installation.

Or did it restore the System to Vista with all drivers and Medion-programs preinstalled?

Usually there is on partition 😧 a map called Recover with the original files to do a Recovery back to factory settings (will reset your system to its condition at delivery).

To start PowerRecover you have to press F11 at starting the computer, and a small Program-Window will show up, where you can make your selection at your will. RTFM!

If PowerRecover ist still functional after you made an install with a Vista-DVD I don't know, it is a matter of try and error. The Question is if this Install changed your partition-layout.

regards, daddle 

Cg
New Voice
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

hi,

thanks for reply,

it was a home made windows and system backup dvd from a previous computer (didnt realise this at the time), therefor it hasnt installed any of medions system of drivers, it has installed a 'esystem' system whch is a 2008 system. through this we are missing some drivers, namly the network controller driver, which results in us not being able to get on the internet to even think about downloading it.

also you talk of using the power recovery tool,i think this may of been what i done originally to try and clear up my laptop when the lead came out, however f11 is not doing anything now, it doesnt bring any little window up.

im not to clued up on computers but this is why im after a system revovery disc so i could reput the medion akoya system back on which would hopefully include all the drivers.

i have contacted medion manufacturers as there website mention a system recovery disc but have had no luck in getting a response after several emails.  

daddle
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

@Cg

Here you find the original drivers for your system. Some work on Vista as well, especially the Wlan (WiFi); I should try the Win7-Lan as well, or check in the device-manager the hardwar ID; mostly it is a Realtek-Chip; so you will find drivers on the Realtek-Homepage.

daddle

Cg
New Voice
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

hi,

i was under the impression that because i have installed a new system (esystem) making it no longer a medion akoya,

that those drivers would not work. i have tried searching for the network controller driver for the esystem but to no avail, which is why i wanted it back to a medion akoya.

daddle
Superuser
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

@Cg

Nope, it is still an Akoya. The hardware hasn't changed by installing another Windows. Smiley Wink

daddle

Edit:

The Medion Lan-Driver should work under Vista as well, if Lan is activated in Bios. Otherwise check Hardware-ID in device-manager for lan > double click on lan-card entry > Register Details > Scroll to Hardware-ID, copy first line after marking with Ctrl + C and search in Google or at Realtek-Homepage.

If you found a suiting driver, or you try the given driver from the medion-page, you should in advance uninstall existing (wrongly installed) Lan-Network-Drivers in device-manager, and check the box with removing the software from system.

Cg
New Voice
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

i will try this but is wasnt just the windows system i installed it was a back up sysytem from a old laptop,so instead of now coming up as medion on my desktop when turned on it comes up as 'esystem'.

this is why i didnt think the medion drivers would work. 

daddle
Superuser
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

@Cg

You do not know much about Pcs?

The Hardware stays the same, Akoya is the name of the "Hardware". What you see in the starting sequence 

is a software statement from the old wrongly recovered installation. Like the original installation, which reads "Medion" in the starting sequence, because both seem to be a OEM-Version which has some little alterations and not a pure Microsoft Windows.

But the hardware is unchanged, and drivers are an interface between hardware and operating system. And because most of the drivers are explicit for Win 7 and / or Vista, they should work with your old Vista operating-system installation as well.

daddle

11 REPLIES 11