Medion laptop notebook

SOLVED
4 REPLIES 4
Dexter
Beginner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Medion laptop notebook

Hi I have just treat myself to a new laptop. However, I cannot for the life in me suss out how  to cut and paste. Can anyone help please ? My previous laptops you just held down ctrl and pressed from left to right to highlight.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dexter
Beginner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi. Thank you for your response, but i couldn't get that to work with  my keyboard. However, your reply gave me a light bulb moment, you said 'hold down the left button on the mouse', but on my laptop, it wouldn't hold down. So I twiddled, and realised, that the bottom left corner of my 'mouse' did have a tiny section that I could hold down, and yeahhhhhhhhh. Solved.

I can now move the icons round the desktop and into folders like a pro.

(Not bad for a pensioner)

Thanks for your help 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
EastClintwood
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hello @Dexter  and welcome to the community.

CTRL + C: Copy selected content
CTRL + X: Cut selected content

Kind regards
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Dexter
Beginner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for replying, but that doesnt work. (On my keyboard anyway)

Also, I am trying to suss out how to move icons around the desktop. (Like dragging a photo, into a photo folder)Perhaps, you know this one please.

I dont know if its windows 11 causing issues, or my lap top settings. Thanks

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hello @Dexter  and welcome
for me it is like this:
Move the mouse pointer to the desired position.

Hold down the left button on the touchpad and move the mouse away from the text and stay there.

Press the right button on the touchpad and now select Copy or Cut. Go to where it belongs and right-click again and select Paste.

Dragging a photo works the same way: place the cursor on the image and hold the left button on the touchpad and drag the image to the folder.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Dexter
Beginner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi. Thank you for your response, but i couldn't get that to work with  my keyboard. However, your reply gave me a light bulb moment, you said 'hold down the left button on the mouse', but on my laptop, it wouldn't hold down. So I twiddled, and realised, that the bottom left corner of my 'mouse' did have a tiny section that I could hold down, and yeahhhhhhhhh. Solved.

I can now move the icons round the desktop and into folders like a pro.

(Not bad for a pensioner)

Thanks for your help 

4 REPLIES 4