TerryofFrome
Trainee
Bericht 1 van 6
6.610 Weergaven
Bericht 1 van 6
6.610 Weergaven

Lifetab P10505 Software Update

Hello,

I have a Lifetab P10505 tablet which is going well. However, an update named "LIFETAB P1050x Software v2.7" has recently appeared which doesn't update!  I have taken out the memory card in case this is the problem, but it runs for some time and then stops! Any ideas on this? I have given the tablet a 100% charge each time. I have tried quite a few times, but that is as far as I have got.

Terry

1 GEACCEPTEERDE OPLOSSING

Geaccepteerd Solutions
TerryofFrome
Trainee
Bericht 5 van 6
7.633 Weergaven
Bericht 5 van 6
7.633 Weergaven

Thanks Bart,

You were right! I did the factory reset, then when I tried the update to version 2.7 all went well. If anyone else has that problem, that is the answer. It is a great pity that Medion doesn't include that in the instructions for the update.

Terry

Bekijk de oplossing in de community in het oorspronkelijke bericht

5 ANTWOORDEN 5
Bodgekin
Mentor
Bericht 2 van 6
6.596 Weergaven
Bericht 2 van 6
6.596 Weergaven

Hi @TerryofFrome

I presume this is an OTA update you are trying to install? Could it be that the problem is network related? So the update already fails while downloading? I would expect that if it fails while actually updating, you would end up with half an Android installation. Do you get any errors which could point us in the right direction? And did you perform a factory reset before starting the update?

Kind regards,
Bart
TerryofFrome
Trainee
Bericht 3 van 6
6.593 Weergaven
Bericht 3 van 6
6.593 Weergaven

Hi Bodgekin,

I didn't do a factory reset prior to trying the update. Should I have done that? Thanks for your reply.

TerryC

Bodgekin
Mentor
Bericht 4 van 6
6.573 Weergaven
Bericht 4 van 6
6.573 Weergaven

Hi @TerryofFrome

I dont think it is always required, but I always do to make sure that there are no apps installed that could potentially cause conflicts etc. 

Especially since the updates fails for you, I'd just do a factory reset and try it again.

Kind regards,
Bart
TerryofFrome
Trainee
Bericht 5 van 6
7.634 Weergaven
Bericht 5 van 6
7.634 Weergaven

Thanks Bart,

You were right! I did the factory reset, then when I tried the update to version 2.7 all went well. If anyone else has that problem, that is the answer. It is a great pity that Medion doesn't include that in the instructions for the update.

Terry

Bodgekin
Mentor
Bericht 6 van 6
6.560 Weergaven
Bericht 6 van 6
6.560 Weergaven

Hi Terry, 

Awesome, glad it worked :).

Kind regards,
Bart
5 ANTWOORDEN 5