Flash OS on Medion E10513

5 REPLIES 5
branch150
Newcomer
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Flash OS on Medion E10513

Hi all,

I recently got this tablet (E10513), that came with an exercise bike, with pre-loaded software that only allows the bike exercise app to run. The bike has broken down, so looking for another use of this tablet.With that, I have tried flashing the OS to the base version it comes with.

I have tried going through the steps listed here http://download.medion.com/downloads/software/FlashMTK-EN.pdf but I keep getting the BROM error listed in troubleshooting of the above document. Of potential importance, the MSN number of the tablet is 4006 5764, which I cannot find when looking up. I have been using the MSN 3002 3584 as it seems like the same device. All the relevant downloads were gotten here: https://www.medion.com/gb/service/product-detail/30023584?fromTopicsPage=true . Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this back to running just the basic android 7.0 without the bike add-ons?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hi @branch150 and welcome to the Forum!

For performing a factory settings reset on your tablet, you must:

• Press and hold the power button and the plus volume.  You'll need to continue holding this until you feel a vibration.
  • Release the power button but carry on holding the plus volume key.
  • You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
  • Use the volume keys to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press Power to select it.
  • Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press Power to select it.

Regards,

Gehringer

branch150
Newcomer
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi Gehringer,

I have tried factory resetting it earlier, but this does not cause the bike software to go away. After factory reset, it still only runs the exercise bike application and can do nothing else. That is why I have tried resorting to flashing/recovering the original operating system on a E10315.

Thanks for your response,

branch150

Gehringer
Retired
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @branch150 ,

probably the tablet came with a tailored OS version.

You may need to install a vanilla version of Android and for doing so I recommend you to look for a specialized Android forum.

Regards,

Gehringer

branch150
Newcomer
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

OK, thanks for your help.

wannaWiper
Beginner
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

I'm in the same situation as you, and want to install some kind of stock Android on this tablet that came with the bike. Did you ever succeed in doing so?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5