ISO disk for OS recovery

1 REPLY 1
AVN
Newcomer
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

ISO disk for OS recovery

Hi

I have an old computer (Pentium dual-core E5700 at 3GHGz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD) with Windows 7. The recovery partition was lost, and the CDs that came with the computer were also lost. I need to reinstall the OS but I can't find on the Internet a suitable OS version (I tried the Microsoft website, but they say that the OS was provided by the vendor and I need to get it from them instead of Microsoft). I tried the download page of Medion, but I can't find a label in my PC with a suitable number. I see the following numbers, but none of them works with the download page of Medion:

S/N: 17508010010089

P/N: 20046462

MD0034465

Model: PC MT14

Type: MED MT 695 (and what I can't identify if is a G, a Q or an overlaped 0 and 1)

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

@AVN 

Hi, which OS is installed at the moment? Vista or Win 7

But Medion will and can not provide you with a MS OS, becuase it is too old and it  a licensed version was installed on your PC.

Ther should b a sticker on the PC with the product key; but sometimes with desktop models the sticker with the key was delivered in an envelop together with the recovery dvd.

So all you can do ist to  buy a new Win 7 license key with a DVD and install your Win 7 again.

regards, daddle

1 REPLY 1