BIOS E23301

4 REPLIES 4
uuusho
Beginner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

BIOS E23301

Hello.
I am an electronics technician. I have an AIO E23301 that does not output video. The power supplies are all present and the computer turns on, so I have to try reprogramming the BIOS, since it has a consumption that remains at 480mA and does not vary. The computer has two BIOSes. One of 8192 and another of 1024. The 1024 seems to have data activity, but the 8192 has no logical activity. All measured with an oscilloscope.
I need to try reprogramming the BIOS, even if it is on the 8MB one.
It seems terrible to me that MEDION does not provide a BIOS in its driver package. That cannot be. Electronics technicians and users have the right to have a BIOS file.
Please, can someone provide the necessary BIOS files that are functional? It is a 450€ computer and it is not fair that due to a corrupt BIOS, it cannot be repaired.
Thanks

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
RAZZ
Explorer
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

hi @uuusho 

please could you supply the MSN number so we can identify the unit and look for a BIOS update, as this unit is sold in several European locations. And to confirm the current Bios versions you have are 8192 and 1024?

Thanks 

uuusho
Beginner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hello. Thanks for your reply.

The MSN is 30030350. There are actually two BIOSes. The BIOS with the most capacity is on the face of the main board, more visible when you disassemble the computer and is 8192. When I disassembled the board and turned it over to check the VRAM voltage on the coil, I realized that it has another BIOS of 1024, which I understand is for the graphics card or I don't know. I had never seen a computer with two BIOSes on an AIO.

Please, if you could provide a working BIOS for a non-video capable computer, I mean a BIOS with just enough 8192 capability, not a BIOS with more capability that I have to fight with to downgrade. I'm going to program it with a T48 and need it to be as compatible as possible. Thanks.

RAZZ
Explorer
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi @uuusho 

yes this does seem strange 2 BIOS versions, are you able to access the BIOS on boot and read the version that should show on the bottom of the screen?  I see the unit you have is sold in Spain, please check the service site and driver package for any Bios updates.

MSN 30030350

Spain

https://www.medion.com/es/service/  

UK

https://www.medion.com/gb/service/ 

With the current version shown in the BIOS on boot we can check for any updated BIOS versions.

Thanks 

uuusho
Beginner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hello again.
I think I have not explained myself well.
I can't see anything on the screen because the computer does not output video.
As I explained in my first post, I understand that voltages on all the power supplies (5V, 3.3V, pch, VRAM, vcore, etc.) are all present.
When this happens, the computer turns on and does not output video, 99.9% of the time in a corrupt BIOS.
The motherboard has two BIOS chips.
The main one that is most visible when you access the computer hardware is an ic: 25LQ64C6I6 and that is 8MB.
The other BIOS IC is: 25Q80C6IC and that is 1MB. This ic is on the back of the board and near the EC.
I would need both BIOS files, but since it is RAM that is difficult to find, I'll settle for the 8MB one.
Regarding the page that refers me from Spain, I had already been on that driver download page and they come in a package that contains:
1.AMD CHIPSET
2. Realtek audio
3. Dolly
4. AMD VGA
5. WLAN
6. Bluetooth.
As I said in my first post, I think it's terrible that MEDION doesn't provide even a functional BIOS file, or at least a link to the main board manufacturer to download the BIOS.
I would appreciate that .Bin file and I hope my problem has been clear. Just in case I remember, I don't have an image and therefore I can't enter BIOS. I need to reprogram the BIOS directly to the chip with a ch345 or T48 type programmer.
Thanks, I just need a .Bin file or whatever extension. A BIOS file for the computer with msn: 30030350
AIO E23301-MD62022 computer
Thank you very much.

4 REPLIES 4