dabbersmate
Beginner
Bericht 1 van 5
2.715 Weergaven
Bericht 1 van 5
2.715 Weergaven

Anyone know the URL for the UK drivers for a Medion erazer p7647

My machine: MEDION ERAZER P7647 (MD 60374) UK MSN: 3002 1754

The URL I used to use gives an error from here http://www.medion.com/downloads/ when clicking on UK

The Medion page for my laptop here doesn't give a URL for drivers, it says go to Medion Community which is here and tells you nothing! Pretty poor really. Any ideas anyone?

1 GEACCEPTEERDE OPLOSSING

Geaccepteerd Solutions
dabbersmate
Beginner
Bericht 3 van 5
2.700 Weergaven
Bericht 3 van 5
2.700 Weergaven

Thanks, I was aware of the link providing nothing useful, unfortunately Windows Update has installed a driver that has disabled one of my devices (ELAN touchpad) and won’t allow a rollback. Also it doesn’t give BIOS update. This is really poor from Medion, drivers should be available on their site, especially given what you pay for a machine like this. It’s awful support, I mean really, rely on Microsoft?!!!! 

I've upgraded the SSD so the folder you describe isn’t present.

thankfully after some specific Google searches I managed to find the drivers on the German site and have corrected the screwup by Microsoft plus the most up to date BIOS. 

thank you for replying. 

Bekijk de oplossing in de community in het oorspronkelijke bericht

4 ANTWOORDEN 4
daddle
Superuser
Bericht 2 van 5
2.708 Weergaven
Bericht 2 van 5
2.708 Weergaven

@dabbersmate 

Your Link and clicking on United Kingdom brings me here --> https://www.medion.com/gb/service/?drivers_updates%2Fdrivers_updates.htm=

Here you havve to enter your MSN number (8 digits without space), and then click on the model. But you'll find the manmual only.

All other drivers are provided by Microsoft Update.

But on buying date there was a folder "Driver" on your D- or E-Drive. Check there.

Regards, daddle

dabbersmate
Beginner
Bericht 3 van 5
2.701 Weergaven
Bericht 3 van 5
2.701 Weergaven

Thanks, I was aware of the link providing nothing useful, unfortunately Windows Update has installed a driver that has disabled one of my devices (ELAN touchpad) and won’t allow a rollback. Also it doesn’t give BIOS update. This is really poor from Medion, drivers should be available on their site, especially given what you pay for a machine like this. It’s awful support, I mean really, rely on Microsoft?!!!! 

I've upgraded the SSD so the folder you describe isn’t present.

thankfully after some specific Google searches I managed to find the drivers on the German site and have corrected the screwup by Microsoft plus the most up to date BIOS. 

thank you for replying. 

daddle
Superuser
Bericht 4 van 5
2.694 Weergaven
Bericht 4 van 5
2.694 Weergaven

@dabbersmate 

Following your MSN it says in Medion Database the PC was equipped with a 256 SSD and a 1.5 TB HDD. So your D- and E-drive are actually on the HDD, and the SSD only held the C-Partititon.

And Bios Updates are provided over the DeviceManager/ --> System Firmware.

But could you give me the Link for the drivers on the german site, because I also need some for my PC.

Bye, daddle

dabbersmate
Beginner
Bericht 5 van 5
2.691 Weergaven
Bericht 5 van 5
2.691 Weergaven

I’ve changed both drives to SSD. The folders you mention are not there. I appreciate your advice although I’m not a novice and the BIOS update you state was not available, I had to do it manually. The bottom line is that the UK Medion site is crap. 

look here: http://www1.medion.de/downloads/?lang=uk

enter your MD number in the field:MD/LT number

4 ANTWOORDEN 4