annuleren
Resultaten voor 
Zoek in plaats daarvan naar 
Bedoelde u: 

I am not allowed to download software for Wi-Fi action camcorder MEDION LIFE S47018 MD 87205.

8 ANTWOORDEN 8
ghorn56
New Voice
Bericht 1 van 9
7.333 Weergaven
Bericht 1 van 9
7.333 Weergaven

I am not allowed to download software for Wi-Fi action camcorder MEDION LIFE S47018 MD 87205.

I have Wi-Fi action camcorder MEDION LIFE S47018 MD 87205. When I try to download an app to use my smartphone with the camera I get a message that I am not allowed to download it in my country. I bought the camera in Germany and am in Germany

now. I've never seen this in an app before. Regardless, is there a solution? The app has many bad reviews (30 lowest rating compared to 6 top). Still I have no way to see what I'm filming so I need this or some other generic software. ThanksMedion action tech essental won't install but I'm in Germany.jpg

8 ANTWOORDEN 8
Bodgekin
Mentor
Bericht 2 van 9
7.325 Weergaven
Bericht 2 van 9
7.325 Weergaven

Hi @ghorn56

As far as I know,  your "country" in the playstore is determined when you create your account, the country where you are now does not affect this, so even though you are currently in Germany, the Playstore still uses the country where you registered the account. 

The only way I know around this, is to either register a payment option under your account with a billingadress in Germany, register a new account in Germany.

About the app itself, I've never used it so there is not much I can say about  it. 

Kind regards,
Bart
ghorn56
New Voice
Bericht 3 van 9
7.316 Weergaven
Bericht 3 van 9
7.316 Weergaven

I shouldn't have to set up billable accounts in every country I buy electronics in that depends on software. I also don't really want to mess with my Google account. I have many electronic items bought here. If they needed software for their operation they came with it. I download apps all the time here. I downloaded (from Google Play), installed and am using one from 2 days ago. This is the only time I've come up against this barrier. Please remove it , send me the app or provide a link to another app which makes this camera work. Thank you.

Bodgekin
Mentor
Bericht 4 van 9
7.308 Weergaven
Bericht 4 van 9
7.308 Weergaven

Hi @ghorn56

Just to make something clear, this is a forum where users try to help eachother, I do not work for Medion, and I am in no position to sent you the app, or to remove country-based restrictions in the Playstore, for that you would have to contact Medion directly.

Kind regards,
Bart
ghorn56
New Voice
Bericht 5 van 9
7.299 Weergaven
Bericht 5 van 9
7.299 Weergaven

Regrettable lack of actual help here.

Captain_Obvious
Apprentice
Bericht 6 van 9
7.291 Weergaven
Bericht 6 van 9
7.291 Weergaven

Those looks like answers to me though.

But if you set "unknown sources" within your settings, you could also download the APP from this App.
Action View Essential: site:https://apkpure.com/action-view-essential/com.medion.actionviewes
Action View II: https://apkpure.com/action-view-ii/com.medion.actionviewII (has 4 stars instead of 2) Perhaps this is also sufficient?

more info: http://gs4.wonderhowto.com/forum/enable-unknown-sources-android-install-apps-outside-play-store-0150...

ghorn56
New Voice
Bericht 7 van 9
7.284 Weergaven
Bericht 7 van 9
7.284 Weergaven

I have Camera S47018 MD 87205. The 2nd app you mention says:

"The description of Action View II The MEDION® Action View app allows control and adjustment of MEDION® MD 87156"

Do you know if this works with my camera?

I only downloaded an app once before using the "unknown sources" way and somehow it really affected my phone so I took it off. I guess I'll have to consider this round about way but also think being denied the ability to download it from Google Play is highly unusual and should be fixed.As I said before this is the only time I ever was denied an app.

freshcalendar
Newcomer
Bericht 8 van 9
6.245 Weergaven
Bericht 8 van 9
6.245 Weergaven

I had same problem. Vrouw Verrast

Gehringer
Retired
Bericht 9 van 9
4.729 Weergaven
Bericht 9 van 9
4.729 Weergaven

Hi @freshcalendar and welcome to the FORUM!

Have you already tried the solutions shown on this thread?

Regards,

Gehringer

8 ANTWOORDEN 8