timbently
New Voice
Nachricht 1 von 8
3.593 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 8
3.593 Aufrufe

RAM upgrades.

Hi,

my daughter has bought two computers for her sons, they are - MEDION AKOYA E32011. (MD 34525)A-UK. MSM10024234.  details show that the motherboard = MB ECS B 550A4 -SD RAM. It says that there are 1/2 slots-32GB max. Details show that there is 8GB fitted.  as a Christmas present, the boys have asked me to upgrade the ram, i have searched across the internet without any success at all on this subject, can anybody help or point me in the right direction please.

Regards,

Tim Bently.

7 ANTWORTEN 7
daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 2 von 8
3.589 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 8
3.589 Aufrufe

@timbently 

Hi Tim, with pleasure I will try to help your boys to come into higher ranges of fast computing.

You are right, your board  has an ECS B550A4-EM 4XXX GEN with the named B550 Chipset, and can handle Ram this way: 

Memory Support:
* DDR4 2666 Mhz (32 GB Max)
* DDR4 DIMMs (288pin / 1.2V)
* Single / Dual channel mode

The PC itself has two Ram Slots, which can hold 2x16 GB Ram; it is fitted with one 8 GB ram modul in one slot only.

Best for the boys would be to buy two 8 GB Ram as a pair, and install it in this way into one of the PCs. So it shouldn't give any hassle with not precisely matching timings, or organization of the chips itself.  The one 8 GB modul from the one PC can be fitted into the other PC. So you will have two pairs, which you install as a couple into one PC each. (If you think 16 GB  per PC is more than sufficient).

If you try to buy the Ram from the same manufacturer as the ones built in, with the same specs (numbers) which are printed on them, even better for compliance.

Cheers, daddle

timbently
New Voice
Nachricht 3 von 8
3.578 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 8
3.578 Aufrufe

good afternoon to you Daddle,

and thank you so much for all of your input into my problem with upgrading the RAMS on my grandsons computers. as the computers are a Christmas present from their mother, so i do not have access to them before Christmas, and also i did think of using the card from one system together, and  buy 2 more of the same for the other machine. i am sure the boys want the upgrades so the can game faster on them. the choice of RAM size is cost, i have a budget of between £100 - £110 for each computer so, i still cant seem to find a supplier or somebody that sells them on the internet, it appears that when i make an inquiry about the RAM i would like to buy, if they don't have it, they do not answer me. do you have any ideas where i can buy the RAMS from and the cost please.

Regards,

Tim Bently.

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 4 von 8
3.575 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 8
3.575 Aufrufe

@timbently 

Hi Tim, I do think it is better you go on checking your Internet in your region. It is difficult for me living in Germany to check the market in the UK; or whereever you live. 

But it shouldn't be such difficult. Most probably you will not find the same brand; but RAM with the same specs should be available.

Also the shipping costs to Germany given are much higher, than when you order inside the UK.

In this ebay listing are some offers from retailers in  the UK, may be it helps:

---> 

https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=ddr4-sdram+PC4-21300+%2F+2...

Regards, daddle

timbently
New Voice
Nachricht 5 von 8
3.574 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 8
3.574 Aufrufe

Hi Daddle,.

thank you so much for your help and input into my problem, as i am at present at work here, i will search again this evening.

regards,

Tim Bently

timbently
New Voice
Nachricht 6 von 8
3.565 Aufrufe
Nachricht 6 von 8
3.565 Aufrufe

Good afternoon Daddle,

thank you very much for the link, very helpful indeed, i found a RAM package in the UK that i think might resolve my problem, could you have a look at it and tell me what you think of the idea please.

64GB (4x16GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black PC4-21300 (2666), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 16-18-18-35...

Regards,

Tim.

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 7 von 8
3.561 Aufrufe
Nachricht 7 von 8
3.561 Aufrufe

@timbently 

They should fit. If your kids do need so much memory, I wonder. For heavy gaming the in the CPU integrated GPU is much too slow, so they should have sufficient RAM with 16 GB per PC?  

But it's your decision, of course.

daddle

timbently
New Voice
Nachricht 8 von 8
3.557 Aufrufe
Nachricht 8 von 8
3.557 Aufrufe

Hi Daddle,

OK I will take you advise on this, once again, thanks so much for all your help!!

Regards

Tim.

7 ANTWORTEN 7