OSD not working at all on 17" monitor

6 REPLIES 6
gpauwen
Beginner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

OSD not working at all on 17" monitor

Hello,

I have a 17" Medion monitor connected to a PC (DVI on PC to HDMI on monitor). I keep getting the 'No Signal' displayed on the monitor, after a few seconds, the power light goes from blue to orange. I cannot access the OSD menu at all, none of the buttons on the underside of the monitor react to anything. Not sure what to do. Any tips are appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hello @gpauwen  and welcome

What kind of monitor is it about? MSN number!. and what kind of calculator? Notebook/  desktop / type. which operating system?

Is the monitor running on a different computer? Try different cables. possibly switch from analog to HDMI on the monitor.

Bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
gpauwen
Beginner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hello,

MSN is 30011420. It works with an older VGA graphics card, anything connected to the HDMI does not work. I wonder if it is just the HDMI port that is broken...

When connected to the VGA, I can select the HDMI as the input port, but it switches right back to VGA because whatever PC I connect to the HDMI, it gets no signal.

I just bought a brand new PC with Windows 11, RTX3060.

Thanks for taking a look.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

hello @gpauwen 

you write: DVI on PC to HDMI on monitor. it may not work with "DVI on PC"

don't you have an HDMI connection on your PC?

normally it recognizes independently whether HDMI or VGA is connected.

Maximum resolution for the monitor on the PC set (1680x1050), please adjust.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
gpauwen
Beginner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hello,

thanks for replying.

HDMI on the PC to HDMI on the monitor does not work either.

I have a feeling the HDMI port on the monitor is broken. I will try another monitor tomorrow...

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hello @gpauwen 

If you have a receiver with an HDMI connection, you can also check your monitor there; this assumes that the HDMI cable is OK

bye Fishtown

gpauwen
Beginner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hello,

problem solved ! It was my mistake: the graphics card had a different HDMI port than the one I thought, it was a bit hard to find on the back of the PC, but I got it connected now, and the monitor works fine.

Thanks for all your help !

6 REPLIES 6