2 REPLIES 2
hvrmln
New Voice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

password window

Has anyone ever seen this? 

hvrmln_0-1650617820339.png

Since I recently upgraded my Medion laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 11,  this window appears whenever I start my laptop, even before I can start Windows with my pincode. I think it may come from Medion. 

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

@hvrmln 

This seems to be a Bios password. Most probaly you have acidentally set up a PW for Setup and Boot (Admin PW)

If you have been recently in Bios, and opened the password section; it could be you just pressed one tab, a letter, or maybe space tab only, and saved the Bios (plus PW ) by leaving, because you also have made some other changes which you wanted to save.

Just a guess

Cheers, daddle

hvrmln
New Voice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Thank you very much.

Stupid of me not to think of the BIOS, which I changed several times on other systems but that's a long, long time ago.

Anyway, I did not touch the BIOS this time, it must have happened during the W10 to W11 upgrade because this window never appeared in W10 or earlier Windows versions. 

I am not sure about the best approach: I have already changed the boot sequence from #1 (OS) to #2 (UEFI) but the password window still appears.  My BIOS now has  Set Admin PW Installed, Admin PW Not installed, and PW Check [Always].   When I try to change PW Check it only highlights I/O Interface Security. 

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2