Did you mean: 

Intel RST: Ubuntu Linux cannot be installed beside Windows 10

2 REPLIES 2
DaMed
New Voice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Intel RST: Ubuntu Linux cannot be installed beside Windows 10

I bouth my PC (MEDION AKOYA E63007 MD34300 (Material number: 10023710)) in Aldi in april 2021. It has Windows 10 (Home version) pre-installed and uses Intel RST (= Rapid Storage Technology) in stead of AHCI (= 'Advanced Host Controller Interface'), and therefore Ubuntu Linux cannot be installed besides Windows 10. For more information about this problem, see:  https://help.ubuntu.com/rst/  Ubuntu advises to turn off RST in the BIOS and to change the storage controller protocol from RST to AHCI (= 'Advanced Host Controller Interface'), but I did not succeed in doing so. My questions: i) Does my PC uses Intel RST because it has a (hot) removable hard disk and is it therefore an exception compared to other pc's of Medion (that hopefully still use AHCI)? ii) Or do all new pc's and laptops of Medion now use Intel RST as 'storage controller protocol' so that the problem remains? Thanks in advance. Kind Regards.

2 REPLIES 2
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @DaMed ,

can you please check if the latest Intel driver version that you have installed is the 17.5.2.1024, available for download from this link here ?

Regards,

Gehringer

DaMed
New Voice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Hi Gehringer,

Thank you for your reaction. As I'm very busy, I will look up later, but it can take a long time. (I mainly work from my laptop now, which also is a Medion computer: P8614, where I have Ubuntu installed, beside windows 7, without problems. But I really am not used to work with Microsoft Windows anymore, and that's part of the problem.)

Kind Regards,

DaMed.

2 REPLIES 2