Did you mean: 

Types of m2 ssd compatible with a medion akoya S6445

5 REPLIES 5
racatan
Beginner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Types of m2 ssd compatible with a medion akoya S6445

Hello. I have a Medion Akoya S6445 laptop from the year 2019 and with a MEDION M15WUN motherboard. I ask what types of m2 ssd are compatible with my laptop.
I would also like to know if I can put an ssd in the wifi card connection and what kind.
Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hello @racatan  and welcome
the devices were sold with an M.2 SSD SATA.
to the wlan port: I don't think it works, but I don't know for sure. I know from other devices that this wireless port is not supported for hard drives.
Goodbye Fishtown

edit: I just saw that models with an M.2 SSD PCIe were also sold. please name your msn number from the device

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
racatan
Beginner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for answering. What interests me most is the compatibility of the m2 ssd slot. If, for example, it would recognize a 4.0 NVMe ssd 2 Tb.

msn number: MSN30026024

S6445-MD61351

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

hi @racatan 

1TB. Max. look here: https://community.medion.com/t5/Notebook-Netbook/Hat-das-S6445-M-2-Steckpl%C3%A4tze/m-p/80919#M16904

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
racatan
Beginner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

This year I installed a 5TB 2.5'' HDD as a test and it worked fine. I removed it for exceding the height.
So that information is wrong.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

hello @racatan 

the information refers to the hard drives tested by the manufacturer at the time of manufacture.
these have been promised and are therefore set as a maximum at the time the product is placed on the market.

bye Fishtown

5 REPLIES 5