Touchpad lift: swollen battery

SOLVED
4 REPLIES 4
Mgh81
New Voice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Touchpad lift: swollen battery

I have a medion akoya notebook E15303 and for a week I have noticed a rise in the touchpad. Currently the deformation is evident, it does not click and extends to the space bar. It seems that the battery, which works fine, is swelling. what solution is there? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mgh81
New Voice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hello everyone,

With this message I close the thread satisfactorily. I contacted Medion on the 16th, they picked up the laptop and today, the 25th, I received it back already repaired. They have changed the battery at no cost to me and the touchpad has returned to its original position and nothing swollen is noticeable either. Thank you very much and greetings

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hello  @Mgh81  and Welcome

You should definitely not recharge it. Back up all your personal information and contact Medion Support to safely return dangerous goods.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Mgh81
New Voice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hello @Fishtown thanks for the welcome and for your quick response. That's what I did: disconnect the battery from the mains and contact the technical service. The unit is under warranty for a short while; he is 23 months old. But the problem with the batteries I am not sure if it is included. I have only found one similar case on the forum and it seems that the warranty covered the entire repair all the be

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hello @Mgh81 

, the battery in the device is listed as non-replaceable and an integral part of the device. It is therefore also covered by the guarantee and is covered by it.

Bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Mgh81
New Voice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hello everyone,

With this message I close the thread satisfactorily. I contacted Medion on the 16th, they picked up the laptop and today, the 25th, I received it back already repaired. They have changed the battery at no cost to me and the touchpad has returned to its original position and nothing swollen is noticeable either. Thank you very much and greetings

4 REPLIES 4