JamesGordon55
Beginner
Nachricht 1 von 5
4.801 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 5
4.801 Aufrufe

S6214T 2in1 laptop battery & charging question

Hi,

I'm looking at a purchase of S6214T as they seem to be just what I need.

I found information here https://fr.ifixit.com/R%C3%A9ponses/Afficher/453548/Why+isn%27t+my+laptop+charging

that the tablet part (screen) has its own charging port, is that true?

Also/alternatively, which battery in Medion serviceshop is the one for the tablet part?

1) MSN: 40049195
Battery, 3 cells, 11.4 Volt, 3355 mAh

or

2) MSN: 40049196 Battery, 2 cells, 7.4 Volt, 4150 mAh

Thanks a lot 🙂
1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG

Akzeptierte Lösungen
daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 2 von 5
4.795 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 5
4.795 Aufrufe

@JamesGordon55

Hi, I do not own a S6214T, but I can help you a little bit further. First there are two Models S6214T NBs;

one with the MD  99380; and second MD 99440; the second is from Summer 2014, the first from begin 2014.

The different models are basically the same. You will find infos in this manual;

http://download2.medion.com/downloads/anleitungen/bda_40049657.pdf

Look on page 16 ff for views: Indeed there are three charging points, one in the lower edge of the tablet, one in the connect X-modul in the left-hand aisle, and the third in the rear side of the base.

If you charge in the left-side aisle of the ConnectX Modul or in the rear-side of the base unit, with connected tablet you will charge both parts, base and tablet. The mains adapter connected to the tablets charging socket can of course charge the tablet on its own only.

There is a switch on the mains adapter, this must be set to "I" or "On".

But seeing the model is about 4 to 5 year sold, many of the batteries are down by now.

If you plan to swap batteries by yourself, I would open the base and check for the number, wether it is

MSN 40049195  Battery with 3 cells, 11.4 Volt, 3355 mAh,  or  MSN: 40049196 with two cells, 7.4 Volt, 4150 mAh.

But if you have the MSN-Number of the whole S6214T (its on a label on the bottom of the base), please post it here.

Than we although can differentiate which model is yours. Also the MD-Number, please.

Regards, daddle

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 ANTWORTEN 4
daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 2 von 5
4.796 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 5
4.796 Aufrufe

@JamesGordon55

Hi, I do not own a S6214T, but I can help you a little bit further. First there are two Models S6214T NBs;

one with the MD  99380; and second MD 99440; the second is from Summer 2014, the first from begin 2014.

The different models are basically the same. You will find infos in this manual;

http://download2.medion.com/downloads/anleitungen/bda_40049657.pdf

Look on page 16 ff for views: Indeed there are three charging points, one in the lower edge of the tablet, one in the connect X-modul in the left-hand aisle, and the third in the rear side of the base.

If you charge in the left-side aisle of the ConnectX Modul or in the rear-side of the base unit, with connected tablet you will charge both parts, base and tablet. The mains adapter connected to the tablets charging socket can of course charge the tablet on its own only.

There is a switch on the mains adapter, this must be set to "I" or "On".

But seeing the model is about 4 to 5 year sold, many of the batteries are down by now.

If you plan to swap batteries by yourself, I would open the base and check for the number, wether it is

MSN 40049195  Battery with 3 cells, 11.4 Volt, 3355 mAh,  or  MSN: 40049196 with two cells, 7.4 Volt, 4150 mAh.

But if you have the MSN-Number of the whole S6214T (its on a label on the bottom of the base), please post it here.

Than we although can differentiate which model is yours. Also the MD-Number, please.

Regards, daddle

JamesGordon55
Beginner
Nachricht 3 von 5
4.789 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 5
4.789 Aufrufe

Wow, great product AND great community 🙂

I will get my hands on one beginning of next week, and so will my friend.

I suspect the battery life considering release date may be an issue, hence those questions, but I am reassured now. I can live with keeping it charged from mains as well.

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 4 von 5
4.771 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 5
4.771 Aufrufe

@JamesGordon55

Hello, be aware, some convertibles with a tablet are very sensitiv with current support by mains going through the battery, and do not work if the battery is down and the charging-circuit blocks charging to prevent a battery run-away. 

This is because with tablets all energy goes and comes through the accumulator, there is no bypass for the mains connection. How this works with this model and  if two batterys are involved like with the additional battery in the base-unit I do not know, but I guess it is similar.

Regards, daddle

JamesGordon55
Beginner
Nachricht 5 von 5
4.644 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 5
4.644 Aufrufe

Hi daddle,

Thank you for answer.

Just to be clear, in laymans terms, this means that if the battery in tablet is nearing its demise, the mains connection may not work either - correct? (my model S6214T only has the tablet battery installed, and 2 mains connectors - in tablet, and in the hinge).

4 ANTWORTEN 4