S4403-MD61325 not charging over USB Type-C

SOLVED
11 REPLIES 11
AndrewP
Apprentice
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

S4403-MD61325 not charging over USB Type-C

I have an S4403-MD61325 (MSN30025973) for which I also have a docking station MD87905. For about a year I have used the docking station over the USB Type-C cable to charge the notebook but it stopped charging. Thinking that the docking station was faulty I returned it under warranty and was informed it was unrepairable and it was replaced. But the new docking station also does not charge the notebook. This makes me think that the charging system within the notebook might be faulty, although it charges without problem from the jack socket using the small power supply that came with it, or the USB-C socket might not be connecting correctly.

I have no other USB-C device to test it with or to try charging from so I do not know how to diagnose the problem. The Medion Service App failed to complete (after 18 hours) so I have no diagnostics from that. Has anyone else experience a similar problem or have any suggestion how to resolve this?

My apologies if this is already in the forum, I could not find it.

11 REPLIES 11
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 11 of 12
Message 11 of 12

Hi @AndrewP 

the settings in the bios were just an assumption since it can be found in different bios of other laptops.

if it's not the case with you, you simply don't have this attitude there.

Another question: is the USB Type-C cable still the first one or has it been replaced?

It may be that this is defective or did you even exchange it for another one which is not suitable for power delivery.

(Notebook and docking station communicate via this cable, as for the current charge, so this one must be a special one for DP.)

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
AndrewP
Apprentice
Message 12 of 12
Message 12 of 12

@Fishtown  although I bought the laptop in the UK (I wanted a UK keyboard) the expansion port and cable were bought locally so I was able to return them for checking when the problem first occured. Medion could not find any problem but still sent me a new expansion port and cable but they still did not work.

The local repair shop identified the problem as the the socket but were unable to get it working.  I can't attest to their competence, it is the only time I have used them.

11 REPLIES 11