Did you mean: 

P6645 Keyboard and touchpad drivers get ruined by windows update

2 REPLIES 2
Cepter
Beginner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

P6645 Keyboard and touchpad drivers get ruined by windows update

I've got a what I'm fairly sure is a P6645 rebranded as a Cepter N510-03. It has been working fine since I bought it at the start of the pandemic in march, around Christmas the touchpad driver got "updated" to a new one from windows update that just disabled it entirely. At the time i managed to work around it by uninstalling the wrongly updated driver and the touchpad would work again, that solution stopped working after a short while where the wrong drivers won't get  replaced by working ones when i uninstall them. I believe the touchpad is currently listed as "I2C HID Device" in Device Manager, it has a yellow ! (Device can not start) and uninstalling it just returns the same non working device in the list. Anyways since the uninstall solution stopped working I've resorted to using a wireless bluetooth mouse and that was manageable for mouse use until the next part.

However around April/May after a Windows update the same started happening with the keyboard as well where it would not work at all, I can't remember what it looked like in Device Manager, but I think i also tried the uninstalling trick here with no effect. Anyways i "solved" the keyboard issue by system restoring to a date before the keyboard killing update, however Windows has since nagged me endlessly to update and even after trying various powershell commands and stuff i found online to disable WU it has now managed to turn on again and decided that it's time to install that dooming update again which renders my laptop basically useless.

I have tried downloading the drivers for from medion's website and manually installing the I2C drivers there, but device manager condescendingly tells me that the best drivers are already installed. Has anyone here experienced this ridiculous problem and managed to solve it or am i doomed to use my laptop as a desktop? 

2 REPLIES 2
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Cepter ,

does your unit have a MSN number printed on a label underneath it?

Regards,
Gehringer

Cepter
Beginner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Yes, the number is 30025931.

I can mention that Windows update finally managed to force it self through while I went to the toilet and the keyboard got disabled this time as well, but I got the keyboard working by rolling back the driver on Elan Eztouchfilter that appeared in device manager with the same error as I2C HID, unfortunately rolling back is greyed out on I2C HID.

2 REPLIES 2