Did you mean: 

OxAOOF4244 NO CAMERA ATTACHED

5 REPLIES 5
basilzog
New Voice
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Good morning to all, I bought a used medion akoya laptop from ebay. de with win 10 in German and it gets the message to me.
I contacted the seller, he does not know why. In device management it does not see it anywhere, I tried to give a new value to the registry from a video on YouTube, no result, in the settings it is activated for as many applications as it makes available to me (Skype does not remove it from the list). Of course I tried fn + f9 nothing again. Maybe this
Medion Akoya MD98330 Laptop
does not raise the win 10; I did not see drivers for win10 on the akoya site. The 2 cd recovery of the laptop that came together is win7.
It also crossed my mind whether there was any unplugging of the camera thread internally. I can not think of anything. I say try to install win10. Do you have any idea what might happen?
Thanks.
Basilis
5 REPLIES 5
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hi @basilzog ,

please find some troubleshooting for your case in this link here

Regards,

Gehringer

basilzog
New Voice
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your answer. I did all these but nothing. The camera doesn't appear in the task manager also isnt hidden on task list, I check the cable on the webcam also I check the cable on the motherboard if its unplugged. I did everything I could. I think the web cam needs to replace with a new one, so on Tuesday I arrange to go to the service.

Thanks for your answer.

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@basilzog 

The camera must be switched on (or off) using the  Fn tab plus F9 tab. Then you should see a camera Symbol in systray. You can test or with Youcam or with Messenger, if the camera is active. And it should after switching on listed in DeviceManager

Greets, daddle

the Akoya MD98330 came with Windows 7. Maybe while upgrading,to win 10,  the cam was electrically switched off by Fn F9; and thus no driver was implemented. If you have switched the Webcam on, do a reboot to get it functional in Window 10.

basilzog
New Voice
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for your help , I really thank you , I have already tried this option many times but nothing. I think or I ll go back to win7 or I ll change webcam. Thanks and happy new year.

daddle
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@basilzog 

Well, you didn't mention you had tried this.

Happy NewYear to you too, daddle

5 REPLIES 5