kyme32
Beginner
Message 1 sur 2
1 877 Visites
Message 1 sur 2
1 877 Visites

Medion P2214T

Hello,

i have bought a laptop P2214T(MD99480) from aldi Germany and after few years i've broken the touchscreen, so i've decided to buy an old one with battery problems on ebay and swap the lcd-touch module from the ebay one to mine...

After doing this, i've decided to use the battery problem one at home, so i've tried to install windows 10 and problems came along, it has a bios password, so i've contacted the seller and he tells me he knows nothing about bios password.

I've could use it as it is, with win8(it's functional but can't access bios to change to boot order for new windows install, but i can use F11 for factory restore) but i was wondering if there is a solution to get rid of the password to be able to install win10(i kinda dislike metro from win8 and i'm more kind of guy who like start menu)
i've tried to flash the bios from windows(in hope of overwriteing the password, but it only restarts the machine and get me to input password screen of bios)
Is there any solution to clear the password?

I've already tried to remove the battery, power and cmos battery but it's most probabily written on chip because the password it's still there

If not, i thinked of another solution, can i replace the install.wim with windows 10 install.wim from official disk? or it's a dedicated distribution for this unit?

thank you, Emanuel

1 RÉPONSE 1
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 sur 2
1 866 Visites
Message 2 sur 2
1 866 Visites

Hello @kyme32

If you check with your MSN-Number, e.g. MSN 30018110, you will find the newest Bios and Drivers. Your address is linking to the obsolete older Medion Service Site.

Second, if you tab the F10 key multiple times shortly after pressing the Power-Button to start the Laptop, solely the UEFi Boot-Manager will appear on screen listing the available boot-media.

To reset a Bios-PW  can be quite difficult; here is a link for a german page. Also it is possible to use debug commands in a Win cmd, but this can be very dangerous bricking your Notebook.

Regards, daddle

1 RÉPONSE 1