SOLVED
7 REPLIES 7
pcpartpicker
Trainee
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Medion Akoya P2212T SSD upgrade

Hi guys.

I own this laptop where performance of it's system drivewith Windows installation is simply terrible.

I ran CrystalDisk info and got info that system disk is some HC8GE 64GB with terrible performance.

Since I have spare 250 GB SSD may I install it to this laptop and boot from that drive,and somehow either uninstall this 64GB or not use ir at all?

I'd install Windows to this 250GB drive.

Is it possible to install Windows on that drive and bypass OEM one (this 64GB crap)?

disk.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EastClintwood
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Hello @pcpartpicker,

Since the SSD you are referring to is an EMCC flash memory, it is not expandable (expandable with microSD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards).

I hope I was able to help you with this.

Greetings,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
EastClintwood
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Hello @pcpartpicker, and welcome to the community.

Create a Windows installation medium with the Media Creation Tool on a USB stick or DVD.

Softwaredownload (microsoft.com)

Then install Windows on your new ssd.

With kind regards,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
pcpartpicker
Trainee
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

But SSD is not replaceble on this model,correct?

It's in the tablet.

EastClintwood
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hello @pcpartpicker,

please send me your MSN number so we can have a look at your exact spec.

Best regards,

EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

pcpartpicker
Trainee
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

MSN number: 30016963

EastClintwood
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Hello @pcpartpicker,

Since the SSD you are referring to is an EMCC flash memory, it is not expandable (expandable with microSD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards).

I hope I was able to help you with this.

Greetings,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

pcpartpicker
Trainee
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

But can I install Windows onto HDD drive on the base of the laptop?

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hello @pcpartpicker 
that is not possible, then your tablet would be alone without an operating system.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
7 REPLIES 7