Did you mean: 

Erazer X7851

12 REPLIES 12
WhateverOverIt
New Voice
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Erazer X7851

I appear to have suddenly lost the control centre that allows me to change the keyboard backlight and it has reverted to blue.

It's not the first time this has happened and on previous occassions I've managed to fix it after spending way too long googling and trying everything. This time though I cannot figure it out.

I downloaded the correct control centre (I think) but still nothing works and the control centre doesn't even show as installed.

I'm seriously pulling my hair out here, can someone please help?

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12
WhateverOverIt
New Voice
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

Thank you for hanging on in there with me.

So yes, I extracted all and used setup from those files.

I will send screenshots. I just did an uninstall and reinstalled - still nothing. I'm not sure where to find installed programs but control centre is given as an option to uninstall if that helps.

I'm utterly lost as to what is wrong.

Screenshot (46).pngScreenshot (47).pngScreenshot (48).png

WhateverOverIt
New Voice
Message 12 of 13
Message 12 of 13

Hi Fishtown

Just wondering if you could offer any further thoughts or advice?

Thank you

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 13 of 13
Message 13 of 13

Hello @WhateverOverIt 
Unfortunately, I don't know why the control center can't be switched on either.
In the worst case, you should back up your personal data and restore drive c : to the delivery state and reinstall the operating system with the drivers and CC from drive d : without having an internet connection. it could be that a windows update is causing the problems and that's why the CC doesn't show up.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
12 REPLIES 12