Erazer P6681 - How to access Advanced set-up from cold start

SOLVED
14 REPLIES 14
sagecelt
Trainee
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Erazer P6681 - How to access Advanced set-up from cold start

I use EaseUs ToDo backup system for all my PCs and laptops.  To recover the whole system in the event of a crash I need to be able to boot from the CD/DVD drive.  

How can I access Advanced set-up from a cold start on this particular model please?   I can see how to access it if the laptop is running but that's not much use if the machine will not boot at all!   The options provided after pressing F11 do not include 'Boot from CD/DVD'.

Hope someone can help on this?

14 REPLIES 14
sagecelt
Trainee
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

@daddle 

There is no DVD installation disk for the program.   It's downloaded and installed from the web.  I have the latest version of the program installed.   The boot disk is created from within the program.

daddle
Superuser
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

It doesn't boot, that is because it is not certified, if you did everything the right way making the CD, then it is so, that easus doesn't provide an UEFI compatible software.

But can't you start after disabling Secure Boot and enabling CSM Mode (or OS Win7 / Others or Legacy Mode ), than put the CD in Bios Boot in first place, or try to invoke the Bootmager by pressing FN + F10, FN + F8 may be FN + F12 after Start, and the cd shoul be shown.in the bootmanager.

sagecelt
Trainee
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

@daddle 

Once again, thanks for the advice.   I haven't yet had chance to check out  the options you suggest but will do so when I'm back at the grindstone tomorrow 😉

sagecelt
Trainee
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

@daddle 

Many thanks for your help.   The WinPE disk created by EaseUs backup worked fine when I followed your advice.  All is now well - much appreciated!

Ken

daddle
Superuser
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

@sagecelt 

I am glad it worked the prospected way.

Then please be so kind and mark the helpful posts (my posts 7 and 12)  as the solutions.

An to give some Kudos (means" Thanks") doesn' hurt either. 😉

Regards, daddle

14 REPLIES 14