Erazer Defender P15 M.2 Thermal Pads?

3 REPLIES 3
Tecnos
New Voice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Erazer Defender P15 M.2 Thermal Pads?

Hi Guys,

I've just purchased a Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB M.2 NVMe drive and when installing I noticed the stock drive with the system on has a Thermal Pad between the drive and the motherboard.

Do I need to fit one of these pads and where can you buy them?

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
EastClintwood
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Tecnos, and welcome to the community.

Did you leave the original thermal pads in or have you removed them?

The thermal pads harden over time and can be replaced with pads of the same thickness.

Regards,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Tecnos
New Voice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

I haven't removed anything. I'm leaving the system drive in which came installed with the Laptop brand new.

I'm going to install another drive to store data on in the spare slot.

The system drive has a square thermal pad between the drive and the motherboard as you can see from the attached photo.

I was wondering if the pad is necessary and if so, where can you buy them because I can't seem to find any on the Web?

Cheers, Tecnos

20221014_165643.jpg

EastClintwood
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Tecnos

The thermal pads that are installed cannot be ordered from the Medion service shop.

However, other pads can be used without problem.

I would install the SSD without thermal pads first and test how the temperature of the SSD behaves with your usage behaviour.

If the SSD gets too hot, thermal pads can always be installed later.

Regards,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
3 REPLIES 3