Did you mean: 

Medion Akoya S3409 (MD60480) does not power on

2 REPLIES 2
Eloy
Beginner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Medion Akoya S3409 (MD60480) does not power on

Good evening, a relative left me the device because he said it was no longer working. When I examined it I could see that indeed, the computer turns on and charges the battery but does not start. The fans are activated to the maximum and the keyboard lights come on but it does not show anything on the screen. I have not been able to get anything to appear on an external monitor either. Could it be a problem with the BIOS?

2 REPLIES 2
Luke
Community Manager
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Eloy,

You may ask your relative if he/she has tried to install a BIOS-update, which may have failed.

This wouldn`t solve your problem but would -at least- be an explanation.

Please also try a power-supply reset. This Video explains how it`s done.

Cheers,

Luke.

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Eloy
Beginner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

He told me he had auto updates turned on, but is unsure if it was an update that caused the issue as the laptop has been shelved for quite some time. 

I tried the method in the video and also disconnecting the CMOS battery to no avail.

Thanks for your help, Luke, if you think of anything else I could try (reflashing BIOS maybe?), please let me know

2 REPLIES 2