CPU and GPU Replacement Possible?

SOLVED
4 REPLIES 4
Niko321
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

CPU and GPU Replacement Possible?

So I was just wondering if you are able to replace the CPU and GPU in the Medion Erazer P15805, I already added 1TB SSD, so I know how to open the laptop, then, one of the fans is really easy too clean but I can't get to the other one (I want to deep clean because the system is already 1 year old and has never been cleaned), because it's connected to the whole copper cooling system, the screws of that system are (Glued?) I really can't get them to turn.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hello @Niko321  and welcome
As is usual with laptops, the CPU is soldered (socket BGA-1440) and therefore cannot be replaced, the same with the graphics chip.

bye Fishtown

useful service manual: https://www.file-upload.net/download-15203531/NH55_NH58RCQ_SM1.zip.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hello @Niko321  and welcome
As is usual with laptops, the CPU is soldered (socket BGA-1440) and therefore cannot be replaced, the same with the graphics chip.

bye Fishtown

useful service manual: https://www.file-upload.net/download-15203531/NH55_NH58RCQ_SM1.zip.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Quartelli
Newcomer
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I'm having the same issue, The customer service from Medion is atrocious and they are practically telling me that the £1200 laptop I purchased 3 years ago is worthless because the fan under the copper cooling system has broken and they don't sell them, so I can replace it myself. 

A manufacturer that doesn't have spares to sell is ridiculous so I'll be taking this further because it doesn't follow the right to repair model. 
I'm sure their next option will be to advise me to send it to them for repair but if they don't have any spare fans to fit then what is the point?!

If anyone knows where I can buy a replacement fan for the P15805 - MD61593 (not the one I have already been incorrectly advised to buy by customer services, even after sending them pictures of the one I needed at a cost of £35) then please can you let me know, because Medion really don't have a clue.....or seem to care very much either.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hello @Quartelli and welcome
There is a fan listed in the Medion service shop : MSN 40072975.

https://www.medion.com/medionserviceshop/en/p/housing-medion-erazer-p15805-md-61593--uk-30027144
if that's not the right one and medion can't help you. so there are other options.
you have a barebones clevo NH55RCQ.
You can also get the detailed drawing .

NH55RCQ-M.png

fan and Heatsink modul 6-31-NH503-201 / -101 here:

https://clevo-computer.com/de/search?sSearch=6-31-NH503

bye Fishtown

Quartelli
Newcomer
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Fishtown Thank you so much for your response as it has really helped a lot.

The fan I was wrongly advised to purchase by Medion Customer Services which has already cost me £35 was No 11 on that diagram because it's the only one they have available.....Even though I sent them pictures of the fan I required they still advised me incorrectly and basically said "That's all we have to offer you" 😞 

4 REPLIES 4