Did you mean: 

Akoya notebook MD 62250 Keyboard not working

11 REPLIES 11
Moulder
Trainee
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Akoya notebook MD 62250 Keyboard not working

Got fed up with McAfee pop up so I uninstalled the programme.

Since the reboot the keyboard does not work.

Touch screen keyboard and wirless mouse all work.

Please help someone,if you can, who is trying to drag himself into the 21st century!!

Is it matter of Keystrokes involving Alt/Ctrl,or software error,or a hardware problem??

Regards Moulder

11 REPLIES 11
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Hi Moulder,

it looks that you may have accidentally removed more than the just the Anti-virus.

Please check your device manager tool, mark the "show hidden devices" option on the "view" menu and see if you can find the keyboard listed among the drivers you have.

If you can, please right click on it and select update drivers. Then, select the option to look for updates automatically.

When you finish, close everything and check if your windows is updated to the most recent version. If it is not, then update it.

After a unit reboot, it should work fine.

Regards,

Gehringer

Moulder
Trainee
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Gehringer- many thanks for trying to help me

Followed the procedure you suggested and found five(5) HID keyboards connected, right clicked each one and it said drivers were installed and working correctly on each one.Selected update and close.

On restarting notebook keyboard still does not work.

Any further suggestion?

Moulder

Interested to know if you work for Medion or just a helpful person?

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

@Moulder 

Do not go to Hidden devices or keyboard, just go to Human Interface Devices and from the top entry Uninstall Drivers, mark if possible deleting driver software as well. Then choose Restart (not shut down) and check again.

cheers, daddle

Moulder
Trainee
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Hi Gehringer.

I went back into device manager just to be sure that I had followed your instuction correctly and to be sure that the advice I have recieved from "daddle" refered to the same page prior to give his advice a try.

I now find that selecting both keyboard and hidden devices I have lost all mention of the 5 HIDs that I have had before.

Have I some how wiped the keyboard from my note book.

Please bear in mid that I am 78 years old and doing what I can to be independant so please could you be very sppecific in what you ask/tell me to do.

Thanks again

Moulder

Moulder
Trainee
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Hi daddle

Please see recent post to Gehringer.I now cant find any references to any Human Interface Device and I may have removed them from my notebook.

I started out by trying to follow your advice but have obviously failed. can you or Gehringer help further?

Could you please be very specific in your advice-giving step by step instruction as you can tell I'm not very compuetr savvy.Start from turn on computer--joke

Appreciate what your trying to do for me.

Regards

Moulder

daddle
Superuser
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

@Moulder 

Hi Moulder, did you follow the hint I gave you or not yet?

@Moulder  schrieb:

I now find that selecting both keyboard and hidden devices I have lost all mention of the 5 HIDs that I have had before.

Have I some how wiped the keyboard from my note book.

You can not wipe your keyboard from the notebook, it automatically well be reinitialized by Windows, also the "HIDs" entry in DeviceManager. after you made a new start (complete reboot)

Do try to go to 360°degree mode (tablet mode) and fold it back to normal note book position. May be the hinge-angle service switched the keyboard off for tablet-mode, but didn't switch the keyboard back on again. This could be a problem of the kionix- and hinge-angle drivers.

I also would try to go to 360° degree mode; and do a restart of your notebook still in tablet position. May be this helps to correct the faulty preset of the hinges sensors.

Another thing you could try is to go to the Servicepage (which country are you in, UK?) -->   

and find the Diagnostic Tool  App --> https://www.medion.com/gb/service/service-app, and give it a try.

daddle

Moulder
Trainee
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Hi Daddle.

Thanks for your recent post. I dont thinkI have properly tried your advice as I am not sure what to do.

I go into Device manager and from a whole list under Human Interface Devices I have gone through the list ensuring that the latest driver is installed. I have done the same under Keyboard.

I do not know what you mean by "from the top entry" nowhere do I see any thing to"Uninstall Drivers".or how to "mark if possible deleting software drivers as well"

Question-- if I am able to follow the procedure you outline above ,I would have deleted the keyboard and drivers,would I not. How would I get them back onto the computer again.??I dont understand this. Dont forget I'm an oldie and need single step instructions.

Thanks Moulder

daddle
Superuser
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

@Moulder 

@Moulder  schrieb:

Hi Daddle. I go into Device manager and from a whole list under Human Interface Devices I have gone through the list ensuring that the latest driver is installed. 

You only have to open Human Interface Devices by clicking on this category , and the first one in the list (the top entry) you have to double-click it, and in the section in the head of the little window which opened choose Drivers -> then  Uninstall driver. 

Click on it to start the process and follow it. Then do a reboot by choosing "Newstart" instead of "Shut down".

daddle

Moulder
Trainee
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

daddle,

Human Interface Device-- Top one on list states"Converted Portable Device Control Device"

Second one on list also states"Converted Portable Device Control Device"

Top one ,Clicked on driver, Only uninstall device-- no unistall driver

Clicked on unistall driver and removed it from top of list

Managed to reinstall top driver by clicking on second entry--Clicked on update driver and did a restart.

Keyboard not working.

In the Events tag under CPDCCD it states 21/12/20Device started-Device configered-Device NOT migrated

--------------------------"--------------------------------23/Jan/21Device deleted-Device started-Device configured-Device NOT migrated

Is this the norm for the CPDCCD.

Getting more confident now Iknow your there

Moulder

11 REPLIES 11