Akoya S4216 BIOS Password

2 REPLIES 2
tomv
New Voice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Akoya S4216 BIOS Password

Dear Forum Users,

I'm wondering if anyone can help with the default BIOS password for an Akoya S4216 14"" laptop. I've had the laptop for years and only recently tried to go into the BIOS and found it has a password. Is this normal? Any advice is appreciated.

Regards, Tom

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

@tomv 

If there is a password, somebody must have put it in, and has forgotten about it. But on it self never a password is invented by itself (producer, seller)

May be someone of your friends make a joke. Or simply you forgot about entering a pw a couple of years ago.

Thats why I always set a PW for Admins, for Setup only. Nobody can fool me then.

Well, I do not have a clue how to proceed, and you won't get this info in an official medion thread anyway.

You could send your PC up to Medion, but first ask what charge it will be.

First you have to know which UEFI-Bios is built in, and then search in the internet.

Cheers, daddle

tomv
New Voice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Thanks. I was worried it might be something like that. When I bought the laptop it had been a customer return and so it was discounted - which is why I bought it. However even back then I had a range of problems which appeared to be the result of the original purchaser unscrupulously/deceptively  returning the laptop. I ended up putting up with the problems at the time because I had more important stuff going on and wore the loss. Fo the most part I've worked around the problems and this is just another one I'll have to live with. C'est la vie 😞 It's been a bit of a lemon but I can still work with it.

Thanks for all your help. I'll be sure to stop hassling you now 🙂

Regards, Tom

2 REPLIES 2