cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can install updated open-source maps on your old Garmin GPS for free!

SOLVED
1 REPLY 1
Rebeka
Beginner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

You can install updated open-source maps on your old Garmin GPS for free!

Hello everyone,,

I found an old Garmin Nuvi 200 while I was cleaning out the garage last month, and it charged up and powered on, but was stuck in "Acquiring GPS Satellites".

After a little research, I found that a basic software (not map) update fixed the issue, but the installed map was 10 years old. A new map would have cost about $50, and while the old one would have gotten me home if I managed to get lost, I recently changed to CDMA Ting service, and I have data coverage issues when travelling in the rural Midwest. An updated map would be helpful, but I wasn't interested in spending 50 bucks on a backup GPS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Hi @Rebeka and welcome to the Medion FORUM!

I was wondering whether it would be easier for you to find help by posting your question on a Garmin Forum.

I believe that there will be a community of users with experience on this product willing to help you.

Regards,

Gehringer

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Hi @Rebeka and welcome to the Medion FORUM!

I was wondering whether it would be easier for you to find help by posting your question on a Garmin Forum.

I believe that there will be a community of users with experience on this product willing to help you.

Regards,

Gehringer

1 REPLY 1