annuler
Affichage des résultats de 
Rechercher plutôt 
Vouliez-vous dire : 

You can install updated open-source maps on your old Garmin GPS for free!

RÉSOLU
1 RÉPONSE 1
Rebeka
Beginner
Message 1 sur 2
1 908 Visites
Message 1 sur 2
1 908 Visites

You can install updated open-source maps on your old Garmin GPS for free!

Hello everyone,,

I found an old Garmin Nuvi 200 while I was cleaning out the garage last month, and it charged up and powered on, but was stuck in "Acquiring GPS Satellites".

After a little research, I found that a basic software (not map) update fixed the issue, but the installed map was 10 years old. A new map would have cost about $50, and while the old one would have gotten me home if I managed to get lost, I recently changed to CDMA Ting service, and I have data coverage issues when travelling in the rural Midwest. An updated map would be helpful, but I wasn't interested in spending 50 bucks on a backup GPS.

1 SOLUTION APPROUVÉE

Solutions acceptées
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 sur 2
1 957 Visites
Message 2 sur 2
1 957 Visites

Hi @Rebeka and welcome to the Medion FORUM!

I was wondering whether it would be easier for you to find help by posting your question on a Garmin Forum.

I believe that there will be a community of users with experience on this product willing to help you.

Regards,

Gehringer

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

1 RÉPONSE 1
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 sur 2
1 958 Visites
Message 2 sur 2
1 958 Visites

Hi @Rebeka and welcome to the Medion FORUM!

I was wondering whether it would be easier for you to find help by posting your question on a Garmin Forum.

I believe that there will be a community of users with experience on this product willing to help you.

Regards,

Gehringer

1 RÉPONSE 1