7 RÉPONSES 7
dolph
Newcomer
Message 1 sur 8
6 826 Visites
Message 1 sur 8
6 826 Visites

Driver

I have just purchased a Medion Life Smartphone E5005.  I cannot find a driver for it.  Can anyone please point me in the right direction.

7 RÉPONSES 7
McB
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 sur 8
6 801 Visites
Message 2 sur 8
6 801 Visites

moin @dolph - welcome!

which driver do you intend and what for¿

do you intend something like 'MyPhoneExplorer'¿

otherwise please specify...

good luck & greetings

dolph
Newcomer
Message 3 sur 8
6 793 Visites
Message 3 sur 8
6 793 Visites

Yes I want to connect to my laptop to explore it but cannot find correct driver

McB
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 sur 8
6 787 Visites
Message 4 sur 8
6 787 Visites

did you try:

MyPhoneExplorer

obviously for your laptop and the client via play.google¿

both should do it...

dolph
Newcomer
Message 5 sur 8
6 783 Visites
Message 5 sur 8
6 783 Visites

Thank you for your reply but I cannot see my phone when I connect it to the laptop.  There seems to be a problem with the usb driver required by the device.

Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 6 sur 8
6 764 Visites
Message 6 sur 8
6 764 Visites

Hi @dolph

Normally when you connect a smartphone you get a small USB icon on the top of the screen, by tapping on that you should be able to choose the USB mode, either charging mode or mass storage mode. When the phone is set to charging mode, Windows will not recognize the device and it will just charge over USB. When it is set to mass storage mode, Windows should be able to install the device using generic mass storage drivers (the same drivers that are also used for usbsticks, memorycards, etc. )

Kind regards,
Bart
tw2016
New Voice
Message 7 sur 8
5 255 Visites
Message 7 sur 8
5 255 Visites

I had the same problem, and it drove me crazy.

After maaany hours I finally noticed that I connected my Medion with a power-only USB cable (which came with other hardware and was meant just for charging), and not a real USB cable.

When I used a real / normal USB cable, it finally worked.

I noticed that I didn't use a real USB by the fact that the usual pop-up wouldn't appear on my Medion when I plugged the USB cable.

CynthiaHoward
Sleeper
Message 8 sur 8
3 137 Visites
Message 8 sur 8
3 137 Visites

@Bodgekin wrote:

Hi @dolph

Normally when you connect a smartphone you get a small USB icon on the top of the screen, by tapping on that you should be able to choose the USB mode, either charging mode or mass storage mode. When the phone is set to charging mode, Windows will not recognize the device and it will just charge over USB. When it is set to mass storage mode, Windows should be able to install the device using generic mass storage drivers (the same drivers that are also used for usbsticks, memorycards, etc. ) www.tellpopeyes.com

That's great. I was impressed by your writing. I am happy to see such a topic. Please come to my blog and read it.

7 RÉPONSES 7