cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the door hinge on my refrigerator?

Question

How do I change the door hinge on my refrigerator?

Answer

To change the door hinge, simply use the following information as a guide:

1. Empty your fridge and turn it off. To do this, set the thermostat control to minimum, turn off the power switch and then unplug the power cord from the wall socket.
  2. To remove the upper hinge you have to remove the upper cover by removing the screws of the cover. Then you can remove the cover and remove the screws of the upper hinge. Now you can remove the upper hinge.
  3. If your refrigerator has a middle hinge, you can also remove this hinge by removing the screws.
  4. Now you can lift the door out of the door mechanism and put it aside.
  5. To change the feet and the door mechanism on the bottom, place the refrigerator flat on the floor at the side.
  6. For the installation of the door on the other side only the door mechanism and the hinges have to be mounted with the corresponding screws on the opposite side.
  7. Please note that there is a flat washer between the door mechanism and the door. If the flat washer falls off, you should put it back between the mechanism and the door.

Note:
After installation and before restarting a refrigerator with a compressor-based cooling circuit, it should be switched off for at least 3-4 hours.
It should remain switched off for at least 12 hours after a horizontal transport.
This ensures that the coolant has flowed back into the compressor.

Version history
Last update:
‎27.04.2021 06:32
Updated by:
Labels (1)
Contributors