Did you mean: 

x6805 - wont power on

14 REPLIES 14
Ciderspace666
Trainee
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

x6805 - wont power on

Hi. Just registered having taken delivery of my shiny new Erazer x6805 last Friday morning. Set it up and then went on holiday and was eager to return and try it out.

Came home Sunday afternoon, powered it on, installed Steam and played Beamng.drive for a couple of hours - all good. Powered off for the evening.

This morning however, the only no sign of life is a single green light flash on the trackpad (top left corner) after I've hit the power button for a few seconds - both on battery or connected to power. Surely it hasnt failed already? No more than 5 hours use - I am so disapointed.

What does the flash light mean? Cant find anything in documentation/online.

Bought from eBuyer online - do I go back to them or direct to Medion?

Or am I doing something silly?! Im a Mac guy at heart and this was bought purely for gaming/beamng having tried out a lesser PC laptop with awful results!

Any help very much welcome 🙂

14 REPLIES 14
Ciderspace666
Trainee
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

It can’t be RGB flicker - there’s a specific whole in the Trackpad for this light to show through - it has to be there for a reason, surely?

In any case, Ebuyer have no stock so I have to get a refund... 😞

im not sure if I can find this laptop anywhere else at this price... Such a shame

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

moin @Ciderspace666 

At another manufacturer:

on the HP notebook the LED on the upper left of the touchpad flashes when the Synaptics touchpad is deactivated. click twice to activate. maybe it is the same here !

or the touchpad can do that but this is not original medion and windows has other drivers loaded and now it works

Tschüss Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Ciderspace666
Trainee
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

Thanks for your input.

So today I have received my refund so am now on the lookout for another computer.... Suddenly had a brain wave and realised I dont actually need a laptop so am considering a Desktop - and why not the Erazer range. Can anyone recommend such a beast? On a par or better than the x6805 laptop I had briefly?

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

Hi

We sell Medion Erazors laptop and desktops in a variety of shops in the UK.
https://www.medion.com/gb/where-to-buy/index.html

Availability and range changes all the time so check relevant resellers stock.

I would say, consider something like the
https://www.box.co.uk/Medion-Erazer-X30-P64003-Desktop-Gaming-_2454222.html#DetailTop

SSD is smaller than the previous laptop but these are easily upgraded should you need more fast storage, same with the HDD should you need more than 1TB of storage.
Graphics card will be adequate for 1080P gaming, again, upgradable in the future should you decide to game at higher resolutions with an appropriate monitor.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

Ciderspace666
Trainee
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

Just to close this topic off.... I ended up getting my refund and deciding to build my own gaming PC! First time build, everything worked (and crucially it still does after a good few days now! 😉 and I couldnt be happier.. Best of all, it came in at just about the same cost for better equipment! 🙂

Thanks for a very brief relationship Medion...

14 REPLIES 14