Did you mean: 

x6805 - wont power on

14 REPLIES 14
Ciderspace666
Trainee
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

x6805 - wont power on

Hi. Just registered having taken delivery of my shiny new Erazer x6805 last Friday morning. Set it up and then went on holiday and was eager to return and try it out.

Came home Sunday afternoon, powered it on, installed Steam and played Beamng.drive for a couple of hours - all good. Powered off for the evening.

This morning however, the only no sign of life is a single green light flash on the trackpad (top left corner) after I've hit the power button for a few seconds - both on battery or connected to power. Surely it hasnt failed already? No more than 5 hours use - I am so disapointed.

What does the flash light mean? Cant find anything in documentation/online.

Bought from eBuyer online - do I go back to them or direct to Medion?

Or am I doing something silly?! Im a Mac guy at heart and this was bought purely for gaming/beamng having tried out a lesser PC laptop with awful results!

Any help very much welcome 🙂

14 REPLIES 14
TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

@Ciderspace666 

Hi

Well, that is annoying, having your new beast fail like that is a huge frustration .

Spoke to my service team about this, there is a few things you could try.
1) could be in "shipping mode". Solution, press power button for at least 30 seconds.
2) try a static discharge. plug it in the main, press power button for 60 seconds.
3) Can you try pluging in another monitor to see if anything displas on it?

Failing that, an RMA to ebuyer would be the next step...Let us know if there are any issues with that.
Good luck.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

Ciderspace666
Trainee
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Hi, thanks for your reply and yes, very annoying!

I was hoping to get a response before I'd packed it away as Ive since heard from eBuyer and have my RMA. Would it be worth trying your fixes?

Having been working just fine for a few hours the night before, how could it get into 'shipping' mode? I never knew such a term existed! I have held power down for longer than 5 seconds in my attempt to get it working but never thought to go to 30 seconds or beyond. I would rather not send it back as is becuase it contains my data so I might have to unpack and try. How likely is it to work do you think?

There is nothing getting to the laptop (other than for that green light to come on - any ideas what that is by the way?) - no fans etc so cant imagine connecting to another display will help...

But I am interested in the 30 and 60 second options so...

Thanks again

Ciderspace666
Trainee
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

Decided it was worth unpacking to try the first 2 options...

Unfortunately neither worked so now repacking and will send back tomorrow - hopefully for a replacement.

Will update..

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

HI @Ciderspace666 

Thank you for your patience and willingness to troubleshoot. Sorry none of the sugestions where of use in this case, hopefully a working replacement from Ebuyer will make its way back to you soon.
Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

Ciderspace666
Trainee
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

Yeah, thought it worth a shot.

Fingers and everything else crossed for a quick turnaround.

Thanks!

Ciderspace666
Trainee
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

While I wait for the hopeful replacment laptop to arrive (though showing out of stock so suspect Ill get a refund only) - could you tell me the significance of the green flashing light in the top left corner of the Trackpad, a few seconds after I attempt to power the laptop on? Does it mean anything? 

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

hi @Ciderspace666 

Maybe some current does get in the motherboard and activate , however briefly some of the RGB of the backlit keyboard  , I am not aware of any LED error lights on that motherboard that could be flashing but it is possible...I will try to find out more.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

Ciderspace666
Trainee
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

Ok, thanks.

It must mean something (otherwise why bother to do it) but it ONLY happens the once a second or so after holding the power on button, either on battery power or on mains.

A mystery! 🙂 Be good to know what it is for...

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

Hi @Ciderspace666 

Spoke to one of our service engineer, who recons it is just an RGB flicker....

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

14 REPLIES 14