Did you mean: 

USB-C Display functionality

3 REPLIES 3
dsn867
Beginner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

USB-C Display functionality

I recently got a Deputy P-60 laptop and i’m trying to use a USB-C dock to connect a couple of monitors. From the spec both USB-C ports are 3.2 gen 2 which should support video output, but nothings worked so far. I’ve removed the dock from the equation and I’m just going straight into a monitor, same result - a message on windows that says “Display may be limited”. Can anyone assist with this? 

I’ve updated everything possible from both windows and Medion/ several cables and

monitors. Does this USB-C port simply not support it?

MSN is 40086127

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

@dsn867 

Hi, why do you want desperately to connect a monitor to one of the USB c-ports?

Your laptop has a Mini Display Port on the Back side, and also a HDMI  port. Samsung your Manual!

-->  https://www.medion.com/de/service/product-detail/30036528

Cheers, daddle

dsn867
Beginner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi, does it matter why I want to use the usb port for the display? All i’m looking to know is whether the port even supports it or not. This information doesn’t appear to be anywhere, hence why I’m asking here. 

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@dsn867 

Please give the correct MSN number of your Laptop. The one you gave (40086127) is not of the whole Laptop !

@dsn867  schrieb:

Hi, does it matter why I want to use the usb port for the display? 

I dont like  your tonage.

If there is a separate Display Port plus a HDMI port provided, then there is no video functionality in the USB C-ports integrated. That's quite clear, isn't ?

Nowhere is written a USB C port must have a video signal output. 

daddle

3 REPLIES 3