Screen Issue

4 REPLIES 4
VincentVega29
New Voice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Screen Issue

Hello,

I purchased a Medion Beast X25 Laptop and have noticed that it has light leaking in both bottom corners. Is this acceptable? I have never noticed it on any other monitors i have had. This is my first gaming laptop. You can notice it a little in some games and darker screens.

Thanks

Keith

Screenshot_20220603-032647_Gallery.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
SandersonFan
Newcomer
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

I'm seeing this issue as well.  Did you find out what caused it?

EastClintwood
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi @SandersonFan, and welcome to the community.

This problem is called Clouding and can be caused by overheating or direct light radiation.

Please try the below mentioned steps and the problem can be solved:

• Turn on the monitor
  • Select a dark test image in the settings menu if available If none is available, you can use a media source, for example a black photo
  • Set the brightness of the device to maximum
  • Wait about half an hour
  • If the effect occurs, wait another half hour
  • If the clouding persists, reduce the screen brightness

Best regards,

Eastclintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Tags (1)
VincentVega29
New Voice
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

It was something to do with gaps around the edge of the screen allowing light to leak onto the screen, the light was so bright that it covered graphics from the games. I had a second unit sent out and it had the same issue's in the same places. The laptop company offered a refund so i just took it. The laptop should not be overheating the problem occured out of both boxes. And as for screen brightness im not sure why i would want to play games with the brightness turned all the way down. I did try that though and the difference was minimal.

Thanks anyway.

VincentVega29
New Voice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Yes it was gaps around the lower edges of the screen, if you run your finger along the bottom edge of the bezel the light disapeers. I had a second unit sent out and it had the same problem. I got a refund, shame as it is a fantastic little laptop with a minor problem but with games like Elden Ring or darker games it was very annoying. I was suprised that this wasn't considered during manufacture, had it not been for gaming it would have been fine.

4 REPLIES 4