SOLVED
2 REPLIES 2
NexxOne_
New Voice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Removing M.2 SSD (ps5012-e12s-32) from Medion Erazer X10

Hi,

I want to remove the Phison ps5012-e12s-32 M.2 SSD that came pre installed with my Medion Erazer X10. However, when unscrewing the SSD, it doesn't come up in a 30% angle like M.2 SSD's usually do but simply stays in the same horizontal angle as it is when screwed down. Any advice on how can I remove it? Thanks in advance. Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hello @NexxOne_ and welcome
The release spring from the port may be stuck. Manually lift the card by about 30 degrees and then pull it out. remove them like this.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hello @NexxOne_ and welcome
The release spring from the port may be stuck. Manually lift the card by about 30 degrees and then pull it out. remove them like this.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
NexxOne_
New Voice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Hi Fishtown,

Thanks for your response. In the end the old M.2 was stuck to the little sticky thermal block at the bottom. However, your comment did give me assurance that I could just lift it up without braking it. I had to hold the block while lifting the SSD and eventually it came off. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2