Did you mean: 

Question about BIOS update for Medion Erazer Deputy P25

7 REPLIES 7
milos0004
Trainee
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Question about BIOS update for Medion Erazer Deputy P25

I'm having issues with boot on AC, as well as with detecting external monitors on boot, would installing the latest BIOS help with this? I'm on BIOS Version: 1.07.01RME1_00005 and i found this link for an update in another post's comment: (https://cdn.medion.com/downloads/software/00_ios_Deputy_P25.zip). I have an Erazer deputy P25, MSN: 30031907. I wanted to also confirm that the update is compatible with my device. Thanks

Screenshot 2024-09-10 173918.png

7 REPLIES 7
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

hello @milos0004 
you write:

I'm having issues with booting on AC power as well as detecting external monitors when booting.

Can you explain this in more detail, without further information it is very difficult to give advice

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
milos0004
Trainee
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

My apologies, So @Fishtown 

1) in the bios i have enabled the option in bios called: "RTC S4 Wake up on AC mode". Unless I'm mistaken this means the laptop should power on when plugging in the power adapter, however my laptop does not power on when i do this.

2) I use my laptop with 2 external monitors (1 through usb-c video, 1 through hdmi).  When turning my laptop on with these monitors connected, they will usually not be detected at all, (in display settings they do not show up) until I unplug them and plug it back in once booted. Weirdly, sometimes the hdmi monitor is detected, but the usb-c monitor isn't. Also the usb-c monitor also acts as a usb hub for all my peripherals (mouse, keyboard etc.), which are then connected through the same cable as the monitor. When booting, the peripherals are always detected, even when the monitor isn't.  Both monitors are always detected if they are plugged in after the laptop has booted up. I have tried this same configuration with my desktop PC and it doesn't have this issue.

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

@milos0004 

Hi

To point 1: Read this -> https://premius.net/blog/windows/139-rtc-wake-up-option-in-bios-settings.html

--->  https://www.google.com/search?q=RTC+S4+Wake+up&oq=RTC+S4+Wake+up&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBCTE...

Point 2: It might depend on the settings in Bios for the USB ports. Are they enabled from switching on to have legacy settings?

Cheers, daddle

milos0004
Trainee
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Hi @daddle, thank you for the help! For point 2): I cannot find any options in the BIOS for USB settings, and I'm unsure what "Are they enabled from switching on to have legacy settings?" means. These are the available settings to change in my BIOS currently, could you give me any further advice on how to access the USB settings? Thanks again
PXL_20240911_143804753.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20240911_143811578.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20240911_143838626.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20240911_143851332.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20240911_143906806.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20240911_143824282.NIGHT.jpg

daddle
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@milos0004 

Thanks for the serie of pictures. I do not have your Insyde  Bios, nor your Laptop.

If you do not find any possibility to change USB behaviour settings during start then there is no one. 

Maybe your USB Hub takes too long to initiate;  but you could connect your second monitor to the  Mini DisplayPort, instead of to the USB hub.

Cheers, daddle

milos0004
Trainee
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

The bios I have is called insyde h2o version1.07.01RME1_00005 and most settings you would usually be able to change in a bios are missing. I came across this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/laptops/comments/i60sok/acer_insydeh2o_rev50_advanced_bios_unlock_keycode/ talking about a bios unlock keycode that allowed people using the insyde h2o bios to access many more missing/hidden options. Does anyone know a way to unlock the insyde h2o bios for medion erazer deputy p25? Is there anyone I can contact/ anywhere else to look to get more information about this? Thanks, Milos

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hello @milos0004 
As you now know, rtc s4 is a timer and has less to do with "Restore AC power loss".
As far as your monitors are concerned, I linked a user manual for you (comes as a PM) so that you can hopefully find the right settings to integrate the monitors

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
7 REPLIES 7