Welshcheese
Trainee
Bericht 1 van 19
2.700 Weergaven
Bericht 1 van 19
2.700 Weergaven

PC Erazer Beast X30 doesn't boot anymore

Hi

My Erazer Beast X30 PC doesn't start anymore, I have been away for 3 days, which is the longest time it has not been used since purchase.

With the power supply plugged in the charge light does not light or flash

While I tap on the power button :

- The power led lights up white for 25 seconds
- No fan noise, nothing shown on the PC screen
- After 25 seconds the keyboard backlight turns on for 1 second then keyboard and power buton lights turn off automatically.

What I have tried:
Keeping the POWER button pressed for 30 seconds, but it doesn't help 😕

Pressing the power button once, and when the button light is white,
then pressing and holding the power buton, this just turns the light on the button off after about 13 seconds.

I have 2 power supplies and both have the same result, and both have 19.5v at the tip shown using a multimeter.

What can I do?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Nigel

18 ANTWOORDEN 18
daddle
Superuser
Bericht 2 van 19
1.455 Weergaven
Bericht 2 van 19
1.455 Weergaven

@Welshcheese

We just can guess.  May be the charging socket or the DC wires have a loose contact, so the battery didn't get charged, and is completely discharged by  now. The wire contact depends in which way the wire is bent. May be in the socket in another angle than holding it straight to measure. Both, wire. or socketfailure could cover the symptoms.

And why do you have two chargers ? Did you have had a problem with the first original charger before? 

Cheers, daddle

Welshcheese
Trainee
Bericht 3 van 19
1.443 Weergaven
Bericht 3 van 19
1.443 Weergaven

@daddle thanks for the reply

I have 2 chargers, one in work and one at home, I retrieved the second one from work to make sure it wasn't the power supply and tested both with a multimeter. I think the chances of 2 power supplies blowing in 2 locations simultaneously is very slim.

The power socket and pin are solid on the mother board, it is ony 13 months old so will start a warranty return from where I purchased it.  I was hoping someone might say something like "Hold power, fan boost button and F12" and something magical might happen. lol

Thanks

daddle
Superuser
Bericht 4 van 19
1.439 Weergaven
Bericht 4 van 19
1.439 Weergaven

@Welshcheese 

I thought so. I just wanted to make sure about the voltage supply.

The one thing which you could still test is your boot SSD. Some SSD  when defect produce a lot of unexplainable issues.

Did you try the discharching of residual capacity  from the board?

--> https://community.medion.com/t5/Videoclips-Tips-Tricks-Tutorials/Tips-Device-isn-t-responding/ta-p/9... 

daddle

Welshcheese
Trainee
Bericht 5 van 19
1.434 Weergaven
Bericht 5 van 19
1.434 Weergaven

@daddle 

The battery is internal, and as I said it is still within guarantee/warranty so I will just report it to the shop where I purchased it tomorrow, rather than dismantle a £2500 laptop to check things. thanks

daddle
Superuser
Bericht 6 van 19
1.422 Weergaven
Bericht 6 van 19
1.422 Weergaven

@Welshcheese 

Some Laptops have a service flap opening in the bottom, so you could reach the SSD from there  to take it out, and check if the PC shows a screen then and you can get into Bios.

If yes, you could run the battery empty by keeping the display on until the PC switches off by itself

And do the discharging then. All peripheral connections including the charger unit must be disconnected. 

I wouldn't take my laptop apart while it's still under warranty also.. But most laptops have a service hatch in the bottom  to access the SSD and RAM.

And in some laptops you could get through this opening to the connecting plug between battery and mainboard  to disconnect them.

This might save you  weeks of repair work and the absence of your laptop. 

daddle

Welshcheese
Trainee
Bericht 7 van 19
1.403 Weergaven
Bericht 7 van 19
1.403 Weergaven

@daddle 

The laptop doesn't have a service hatch unfortunately, and doesn't turn on which is my key problem so no bios, no fans, no screen to leave on, it would take months for the battery to run down on its own, thanks for the help.

Welshcheese
Trainee
Bericht 8 van 19
1.399 Weergaven
Bericht 8 van 19
1.399 Weergaven

@daddle the underneath is a single piece of metal (this is one for sale on ebay)

Welshcheese_1-1712520394468.jpeg

daddle
Superuser
Bericht 9 van 19
1.392 Weergaven
Bericht 9 van 19
1.392 Weergaven

@Welshcheese 

Ok I just wanted to give all the advice to find maybe a way of a rescue. I know that in the momentary state you can not enter Bios. It was just  in case you could remove the SSD through a service opening, which could have  lead to a normal boot in the event that the SSD was the cause of the problem.

So I do wish you success with solving the probs with your retailer. Let us know about the outcome.

Cheers, daddle

Welshcheese
Trainee
Bericht 10 van 19
1.387 Weergaven
Bericht 10 van 19
1.387 Weergaven

@daddle 

The retailer explained that it is quicker to raise the service call with Medion, but my MSN does not exist according to the medion site so I cannot do this

Welshcheese_0-1712522686037.jpeg

18 ANTWOORDEN 18