PC Erazer Beast X30 doesn't boot anymore

18 REPLIES 18
Welshcheese
Trainee
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

PC Erazer Beast X30 doesn't boot anymore

Hi

My Erazer Beast X30 PC doesn't start anymore, I have been away for 3 days, which is the longest time it has not been used since purchase.

With the power supply plugged in the charge light does not light or flash

While I tap on the power button :

- The power led lights up white for 25 seconds
- No fan noise, nothing shown on the PC screen
- After 25 seconds the keyboard backlight turns on for 1 second then keyboard and power buton lights turn off automatically.

What I have tried:
Keeping the POWER button pressed for 30 seconds, but it doesn't help 😕

Pressing the power button once, and when the button light is white,
then pressing and holding the power buton, this just turns the light on the button off after about 13 seconds.

I have 2 power supplies and both have the same result, and both have 19.5v at the tip shown using a multimeter.

What can I do?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Nigel

18 REPLIES 18
daddle
Superuser
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

@Welshcheese 

What a stupid mess is this now? How do you suddenly know on a sunday evening? Your picture will only be seen for other users tomorrow morning, after it is approved by a moderator.

But tell me where are you from? GB, or another country?

Depending in which country you are, guarantee procedures will be different. 

Because i cannot see the picture yet, please state  the MSN  number ( 8 digits, beginníng with 300 .....) and the MD-number. Both should be seen on a sticker on the bottom of the case. 

I am sure we can find it here.

daddle

Welshcheese
Trainee
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

@daddle 

yes it is a mess, lol

I am in the UK, the details of my laptop are

NB ERAZER BEAST X30 MD62452 UK
MSN: 30033995

daddle
Superuser
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

@Welshcheese 

I cannot find yout Laptop with this MSN or MD nummber either, nor on the service pages, nor inside the small medion database Superuser have access to.

So it seems that in the UK market Medion PCs have a different number range than in  Germany.

It seems for guarantee service only your shop who sold this PC is responsible.

Was it your opinion to say it would be better to handel your guarantee matters with Medion directly? Or did you contact your shop on sunday

I do think first address concerning the guarantee of your Beast X30 in England normally is your dealer. But I am not sure about this. 

I would be interested what has happened before the three days you have been away? Did you get a bios update?

Did the  laptop stayed on while you were away? Or switched off but connected to the charger?

May be a short in your Home AC circuit happened inbetween, or a lightning bolt caused a voltage surge.

Did you contact inbetween and your reported to the shop where You  purchased your Beast?

Cheers, daddle

@Major_ToM 

Es sieht hier nach einem nicht so einfach zu lösendem Problem mit einem  NB ERAZER BEAST X30 MD 62452 UK aus.
MSN: 30033995.

Diese Nummer finde ich nicht in unserem Intranet oder der Service Seite nicht.  Wie könnte der User @Welshcheese weiter vorgehen, wenn sein Retailer ihm sagt er möge sich an Medion direkt  wenden?

Siehst Du da eine Möglichkeit?

Hat sich geklärt! Danke für  die Aufmerksamkeit, den Post zu lesen. 

Gruß, daddle

Welshcheese
Trainee
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

Hi @daddle 

I phoned Medion UK support today, and they are collecting the laptop tomorrow.

The shop where I purchased it were happy to deal with it, but this would mean sending it to them to send to Medion, and the return trip would be through them.

The said I will get it back sooner, if I deal with Medion directly.

The laptop was completely unplugged while I was away, so nothing was plugged in to the laptop to cause an issue.

Nothing updated, I just shut it down at night as I was leaving at 7am, unplugged everything and moved to a different room so not on display if anyone looked through the window.

Thanks again for all the help

daddle
Superuser
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

@Welshcheese

@Welshcheese  schrieb:

Hi @daddle 

I phoned Medion UK support today, and they are collecting the laptop tomorrow.

That's great. Congratulations.

I did remember another guarantee case, in which was said for those events Medion does not support in England, the local dealer alone was responsible.

But I guess with the high prized Erazer models, they have a different approach to it. Good for you.

May be my

Please let me know the outcome, rp. the reason for the breakdown.

Cheers, daddle

Welshcheese
Trainee
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

@daddle 

They found the motherboard had failed, and did not have a spare, so they replaced the entire computer with a different one, and sent my drive back with it so I could recover my files

daddle
Superuser
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

@Welshcheese 

Thanks for the feedback. That's good news.. Which model did you get  in exchange?

daddle

Welshcheese
Trainee
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

Hi @daddle 

It was replace with an X40 Beast

Welshcheese
Trainee
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

@daddle 

I went from being sad to happy when I was offered a newer model to replace the older one.

Well done Medion, this is why I have been using you for the last 8 years.

18 REPLIES 18