Xavier-CH
New Voice
Nachricht 1 von 6
4.747 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 6
4.747 Aufrufe

Open a x7859 to change the HDD

Hello,

The HDD in my laptop died after about 4 months of use. I got some cyclic redundancy problems (on Windows, input/output error in Ubuntu) that are caused by a hardware problem and have to change it.

The Swiss provider of my laptop is taking too much time to answer about my problem and as I'm in Thailand anyway undertaking a Master Degree online I need my laptop on a day-to-day basis to work. I thus ordered a new one and want to change it myself (I'm a software engineer with experience in pc assembly).

I tried this morning, I unscrewed the 12 screws from behind the computer and 1 hidden under a black rubber wrap. Despite this there must still have been 1 or 2 screws remaining that prevented me to open the laptop to change the disk but I couldn't find them.I also couldn't find anything relevant in the manual or this forum (or even Google).

So I'm writing you here to ask you this : Could you please tell me where are the remaining screws I have to take off to open my laptop? Are they under the keyboard that I should also take off?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Kind regards,

Xavier

PS: MSN is 30025637, laptop bought by Digitec.ch order n°22285428, opened ticket at Digitec n° 4381278

Tags (3)
1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Fishtown
Superuser
Nachricht 4 von 6
4.709 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 6
4.709 Aufrufe

Hi @Xavier-CH 

you want to open the laptop, then look here:

http://s472165864.onlinehome.fr/anyware/manuels/PA70HP6.pdf

your assumption with the screw under the keyboard is correct.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

5 ANTWORTEN 5
Xavier-CH
New Voice
Nachricht 2 von 6
4.745 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 6
4.745 Aufrufe

I also would like to inquire about the warranty. As my HDD died a few months after I bought it it should have been covered by the warranty. My Swiss provider just answered me and advised me to check with you directly for any kind of repair/refund.

Now I just bought a Seagate barracuda, the same model as the one in the laptop itself on Lazada. Would there be a way to get reimbursed for this HDD? Or will you send me another one? How would you advise me to proceed here?

Kind regards,

Xavier

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Nachricht 3 von 6
4.719 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 6
4.719 Aufrufe

Hi @Xavier-CH 

welcome to the forum, sorry we overlooked your post.
whilst I hope you have found all the screw by now , I attach schematic of the back of the machine with the screws emplacement circled in red.
the link to the manual is here just in case you need it:
http://www1.medion.de/downloads/download.pl?lang=uk&filename=bda_x7858_x7857_x7856_x7855_en.pdf&id=1...

As far as the warranty for the HDD is concerned, we can't do anything to/from Thailand, we would need to pick it up from a Swiss/EU address.
You can of course make a claim within the time limit of the warranty once you are back in the right Geography.

I hope I have covered both issues, Let me know if you need anything else.

In the meantime, I wish you best of success with your PHD.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

Fishtown
Superuser
Nachricht 4 von 6
4.710 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 6
4.710 Aufrufe

Hi @Xavier-CH 

you want to open the laptop, then look here:

http://s472165864.onlinehome.fr/anyware/manuels/PA70HP6.pdf

your assumption with the screw under the keyboard is correct.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Xavier-CH
New Voice
Nachricht 5 von 6
4.682 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 6
4.682 Aufrufe

Hey Fishtown,

Thanks that's exactly what I needed! I managed to do it yesterday and it went flawlessly. I also noticed I have a free space for some more RAM, I'll add some later.

@TPFLegionaire : With all due respect did you even read my post? As I wrote in my first post I already read the manual and took off every screw from the back but it was the one hiding under the keyboard was blocking me. And I'm not doing a PhD but a Master's degree.

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Nachricht 6 von 6
4.676 Aufrufe
Nachricht 6 von 6
4.676 Aufrufe

@Xavier-CH 

Doh! looks like I completely missed the mark!

Thankfully we are a community that helps and support each other, so I am glad that @Fishtown had my back and was able to give you the answer you needed.

Wish you the best of success with your master degree.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

5 ANTWORTEN 5