Open a x7859 to change the HDD

1 REPLY 1
RobertoMiles
Sleeper
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Open a x7859 to change the HDD

Hello,

The HDD in my laptop died after about 4 months of use. I got some cyclic redundancy problems (on Windows, input/output error in Ubuntu) that are caused by a hardware problem and have to change it.

The Swiss provider of my laptop is taking too much time to answer about my problem and as I'm in Thailand anyway undertaking a Master Degree online I need my laptop on a day-to-day basis to work. I thus ordered a new one and want to change it myself (I'm a software engineer with experience in pc assembly).

I tried this morning, I unscrewed the 12 screws from behind the computer and 1 hidden under a black rubber wrap. Despite this there must still have been 1 or 2 screws remaining that prevented me to open the laptop to change the disk but I couldn't find them.I also couldn't find anything relevant in the manual or this forum (or even Google).

So I'm writing you here to ask you this : Could you please tell me where are the remaining screws I have to take off to open my laptop? Are they under the keyboard that I should also take off?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Kind regards,

1 REPLY 1
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

สวัสดี @RobertoMiles  และยินดีต้อนรับ

you have a clevo PA70EP board.

Look here , page 2-8/ 2-6/ 2-5

https://my.hidrive.com/share/yze8mg-wf8#$/CLEVO%20Service%20Manual%20Books/P_Series/PA_Series/PAxxEx...

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
1 REPLY 1