Medion Erazer P10 deputy - m.2 not seen in BIOS or Windows install

5 REPLIES 5
markH
Beginner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Medion Erazer P10 deputy - m.2 not seen in BIOS or Windows install

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could help? I have a Medion Erazer P10 Deputy laptop and I changed the m.2 drive to a WD Blue 500Gb NVMW SSD (SN570).

However, when I try to install Windows 10 the drive is not detected. It is also not seen in the BIOS. 

I am guessing that Windows 10 does not have the drivers for the m.2 installed and this is why it is not being detected.

Advice appreciated.

Thanks, Mark 

5 REPLIES 5
markH
Beginner
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

The MSN is 30029473. The laptop specs are i5 10300H, GTX 1660Ti, 16Gb RAM.

daddle
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

@markH 

Well., why do you change a 512 GB  M.2 against another M.2  500 GB SSD?

Whatsoever, you are sure you put the PCIe M.2 SSD not face downwards!  And also put  deep enough into the Port Slot, so that you could fix the M2 with the little screw at the other end? I do assume the WD Blue SN 570 is a PCIe M.2 too?

Or it  has a defect, or it  isn't seated properly. You did try a second reboot, and before you deactivated Fastboot in Bios?

Cheers, daddle

Luke
Community Manager
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hello @markH,

@markH  schrieb:

The MSN is 30029473. The laptop specs are i5 10300H, GTX 1660Ti, 16Gb RAM.

This unit has been sold in the Uk in early 2022. Where did you purchase it?

Luke

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
markH
Beginner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

The original M.2 which was in the machine when it was purchased did not appear in the BIOS or when I tried to install Windows 10; therefore, I tried a new M.2, which I knew to be working.

The M.2 is not downwards as it have an 'M' key. Both M.2s I tried are in the slot and the screw secures them in place. 

I rebooted many times - I do not see 'fast boot' in the BIOS. All I see is a legacy BIOS from American Megatrends 2022 (not UEFI), which very few options. Less options than I get from an AliExpress motherboard I have used to build budget gaming Xeon builds. 

markH
Beginner
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi Luke,

I am afraid I do not know. My teenage son bought the laptop earlier this year and does not remember where.

Regards,

Mark

5 REPLIES 5