Did you mean: 

Medion Erazer Beast X25 No Audio

6 REPLIES 6
Ryhoper1
Beginner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Medion Erazer Beast X25 No Audio

I bought this laptop a few months ago and have barely used it so far so I dont even recall if it ever had audio.

The only output devices available are my monitor and Speakers-High definition audio device.  But no audio comes out of this.

I have the speakers one selected as my monitor doesn thave speakers.  If I press test the bar in the volume section moves,  and if i play a video it also moves but no actual sound comes out.

Screenshot (1).jpg

I have tried reinstalling windows twice and still having no luck,  does anyone have any ideas ?

Theres no audio out of the speakers or my headphones if I plug them into the audio jack

6 REPLIES 6
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hello @Ryhoper1 and welcome

is the speaker symbol crossed out in the taskbar?

Fn+F8 turns the sound on or off

Bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
daddle
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

@Ryhoper1 

@Ryhoper1  schrieb:

Theres no audio out of the speakers or my headphones if I plug them into the audio jack

Look for the old fashioned App Control panel, and go for Sound. There you can make your choice which favorite output you like.  Check if Headspeakers or Loudspeakers are activated.

Cheers, daddle

Ryhoper1
Beginner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@Fishtown 

no its not

Screenshot (4).jpg

Ryhoper1
Beginner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@daddle 

This is what I have there

Screenshot (3).jpg

 Again the little green bar fills up a little when audio is playing but no actual sound comes through

Ryhoper1
Beginner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Resolved it.

It appears it was due to a Bios update mentioned in this thread

https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/Erazer-Beast-X25-NVIDIA-RTX-3070-16GB/td-p/122132/page...

I downloaded the a file from here that corresponded my with model

https://community.medion.com/t5/FAQs/How-do-I-fix-sudden-unwanted-effects-on-my-ERAZER-Beast-X25/ta-...

now it shows up as Realtek (R) and sound works fine.

@Fishtown   Seems like it was you who posted the solution in the other thread so thanks 😁

daddle
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

@Ryhoper1 

Due to the fact, that your pictures aren't to be seen before a Mod has stamped them OK, I couldn't answer to your thread again before. They are still not to be seen.

But on the other hand you didn't mention that you made a Bios update in the past last months, so this was just guessing, with a lucky end.

Cheers, daddle

6 REPLIES 6