danben83
New Voice
Message 1 sur 13
5 160 Visites
Message 1 sur 13
5 160 Visites

Medion ERAZER X62 MD35081 rebooting issue

Hello,

Seems like I have the same issue as many others when it comes to the MSI Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI in combination with a RTX graphic card (mine is a RTX3080) and the intel Core i9 11900kf cpu.

I have Windows 11 installed right now.

I get random reboots. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes and sometimes several hours before the screen goes black and the computer reboots.

The memory dump tells me it is the classic NVIDIA nvlddmkm.sys driver that crashes.

My system unfortunately have the OEM version of the Medion BIOS and the version is 205 so i'm not able to update the BIOS with the newest MSI release.
18th of october MSI released a new BIOS with some sort of better support for Windows 11.

According to this thread some people seems to have got a new OEM-BIOS and it looks like that BIOS version is based on the october update from MSI:
https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/Frust-beim-ERAZER-Hunter-X20-MD-34685/td-p/124296/page...

I'm not sure how they got the new update, but I can't find anything newer than version 205 for my computer model (MD35081).

Is it possible that you can send me this BIOS update @Andi so I can test it on my computer to?

It looks like they have almost the same components in their computers so I guess it should work.

Another thread similar to this thread is this one. But I don't think this thread has the final answer to the rebooting problem:
https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/Medion-ERAZER-HUNTER-X62-MD35081-randomly-reboots/m-p/...

My MSN number is: 10024085

//Edited

After reading some more in the post above (I'm not good at German so I rely on Google translate) it looks like the update people are testing is the MSI-BIOS 7C79v1A  and not some new OEM version from Medion. It could be good news if that is true.

I guess I can change the Flash.bat and make afuwinx64 point to the MSI-BIOS but i guess it is better to wait for an answer from @Andi 
I don't want to spoil my warranty in some way 🙂

People have been successful updating the BIOS in this thread also;
https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/Medion-Erazer-Hunter-X20/td-p/112156/page/16

Best regards

12 RÉPONSES 12
Slikkie
New Voice
Message 11 sur 13
553 Visites
Message 11 sur 13
553 Visites

Hiya NonkelCharel, it did not solve the issue for me I’m afraid although the nature of the issue has changed.

Instead of reboot, the game I’m playing just shuts down. I’m yet to experiment with the newer versions of the bios. 
hope it works for you tho,

cheers slikkie

Andi
Master Moderator
Message 12 sur 13
518 Visites
Message 12 sur 13
518 Visites

Hello @NonkelCharel and welcome to the community.

Please let me know the eight-digit article number of your PC.

Greetings - Andi

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
NonkelCharel
New Voice
Message 13 sur 13
497 Visites
Message 13 sur 13
497 Visites

Hi @Andi 

Thanks for your reply, my MSN is 10024428

Greetings,

NC

12 RÉPONSES 12