Did you mean: 

Latest BIOS for X40 (i7, 4080)

3 REPLIES 3
MurdoD
Beginner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Latest BIOS for X40 (i7, 4080)

Hi. I was wondering if anyone knows the latest BIOS available for the X40? Mine has

BIOS N.1.20MED07

EC Version 1.08.00.00

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @MurdoD ,

first of all we had to identify your unit exactly, so please inform us about the 8-digit-MSN article number (3003xxxx), which is placed on the lower housing of your laptop.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Mitcheroo
Beginner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

My x40 came with the 1.20 bios. I admit I'm not familiar with flashing/upgrading a bios, and since there was no updated bios on the medion site, I was apprehensive about changing anything. I came across a 1.21 medion bios and a 1.21 xmg bios. I first flashed the medion, I think I done it right, it said I had the most up to date bios (1.20?!) so I then flashed the xmg one. System Info still says I'm on ver 1.20 even though the bios menu has changed and there are now several extra menus/options that I can change. 

All I wanted was the beast running cooler when I'm gaming, even if I took a hit on frames, because I was hitting 98 degrees and I know plenty of people have their temps around 80, max. I've tried to get my head around the core vaultage offset and PL1 PL2 and PL4 in the control center to lower temps. Not a clue if I've set it correct, but I've got it set to:

77 degrees max temp

PL1 60

PL2 60

PL4 160

Core vaultage offset -1

In the end, I haven't got a scooby whice bios I have, or if I've messed anything up, but my x40 is running perfect. Taken me about 5 weeks to get it to the standard I wanted (new ssd and windows installation as well).

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Mitcheroo ,

we could check for a new Bios version, but please inform us about the 8-digit-MSN article number (3003xxxx), which is placed on the lower housing of your laptop.
Remind that installing other den MEDION evaluated Bios versions might do damage to your laptop, because the programming codes differs to the MEDION one.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
3 REPLIES 3