cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible fan noise from new MEDION ERAZER ENGINEER P10 MD35007 (with 3060ti)

24 REPLIES 24
Noel
New Voice
Message 1 of 25
Message 1 of 25

Horrible fan noise from new MEDION ERAZER ENGINEER P10 MD35007 (with 3060ti)

Hello,

I've recently purchased a gaming desktop from Medion (ERAZER ENGINEER P10 MD35007). There is some unbearable loud and noise (although it sounds functional) coming from the back of it when the GPU is under load. I can't determine for sure if it comes from the Power Supply or from the Fan(with blue led) just underneath it. So far I'd say 60% chance from the power supply.

I reduced the fans(with blue leds) rotation to 600-700 rpm wih the help of Bios modifications and a software but it doesn't fix the issue at all.

i really don't want to send the tower back since I like the components and design and I don't want to wait 3 weeks for a refund (just sent back another desktop last month because the GPU didn't matched the description).

So what are my options and what could Medion do to help ?

Should I change the fans and if it doesn't solve the issue, change the power supply ?

What do you think ?

24 REPLIES 24
Fets
Newcomer
Message 2 of 25
Message 2 of 25

I have the same problem and it is indeed the power supply. Its a cheap one from InWin (the company who also made the tower the Erazer Engineer is using) and beside of the horrible temps of the machine the power supply is blasting like a starting plane. It's even louder than my computer from 2014, which it should replace.

That's an absolute no go for me. Medion put in a nice GTX 3070 and a really good cpu, just to jump on the cash train and to equip the rest of the device with cheaper hardware.

Beside that: If you replace the power supply, your warranty will be invalid.

This was the first Medion-PC for me - and it will definately the last.

UmamiBanani
New Voice
Message 3 of 25
Message 3 of 25

I bought my P10 primarily for the RTX 3060TI. I didn't expect much from the rest of the parts.

My P10 is air cooled. I replaced the case fans with some fans from Noctua, which I though would lower the noise. Noise is the same, but at least I got rid of the annoying blue light. The stock case fans from InWin and the CPU fan from Cooler Master actually doesn't make a lot of noise. Funny thing though, the intake fan is mounted in the front of the case, which is not what InWin reccomends for this case (InWin 301). The space in the front is blocked by the case itself and cables, so InWin recommends the intake fans to be mounted at the bottom, where there is a dust filter.

The front is better suited for exhaust air or a radiator. I didn't consider the PSU to be the source of the noise before now. My PSU sometimes makes a sound like the fans is loose or something.

Noel
New Voice
Message 4 of 25
Message 4 of 25

After some researches and thinking.

I think I might have worsened the problem by turning smart fan off from the Bios which initially lead to a really unbearable level.

I think the noise which sounds like some king of failing fan is actually ''coil whine'', for now it's gone.

So for now the apocalypse is delayed but it's still way too much decibels for me to use the computer for relaxing gaming sessions so...

As far I know, it doesn't void the warranty to replace the PSU as long as :

This modification doesn't cause any issue or damage (a PSU with the exact same specifications would be preferable to be safe and it would still open the door to voiding the warranty to the whole unit if something related to power supply happens).

The warranty will not cover the new PSU and in case of issue the computer would need to be sent back with the old PSU in order for the technical service to accept working on it.

But I have no idea how PSU works, I bet they are pretty standard. From what I gathered this one is this model ''Power supply InWin B65E 650W'' for which I can't find any information. I assume it's a (very cheap) custom model  for Medion and I would be happy to have more infos on that.

Noel
New Voice
Message 5 of 25
Message 5 of 25

By the way I think you are right about positioning the intake fan at the bottom, that would probably bring a better pc health overall, Power Suppy aside (which I believe has to be changed in order to truly enjoy the experience).

UmamiBanani
New Voice
Message 6 of 25
Message 6 of 25

At a certain speed, my PSU sounds like the fan is hitting something. I am going to pretend like I don't hear it.

The InWin 301 case gets pretty good reviews when equipped properly. I am considering an additional intake fan and a three way PWM splitter for fan power. If or when the PSU breaks maybe a be quiet! replacement. 

Melvin415
Newcomer
Message 7 of 25
Message 7 of 25

Dust is the most common cause of laptop noises. it's best you send it to an engineer or ask a friend or family member to help you. Remove malware. Malware can contribute to loud fan noises as it can increase a laptop's working temperature and Stay up to date with the latest news and special offers!

oursainsburys

UmamiBanani
New Voice
Message 8 of 25
Message 8 of 25

Hey @Melvin415, The Erazer P10 is a gaming desktop, not a laptop. Mine is brand new and doesn't have any dust built up inside. Also, it has been making the same noise since I took it out of the box, so unless it was shipped with malware, the noise is a free of charge feature.

MrErnest
Apprentice
Message 9 of 25
Message 9 of 25

Hi I was wondering if you found a solution on the noice problem?

UmamiBanani
New Voice
Message 10 of 25
Message 10 of 25

No, I didn't find a solution to the problem. I did however ask  Medion support. They answered that they have received similar complaints from several customers. They adviced me to send it in for service. 

I can't be bothered doing that just to have them replace the PSU with another low quality unit.  I'm just going to ignore the noise.  If it breaks I will simply replace it with something better. 

24 REPLIES 24