Did you mean: 

Fans not working Correctly

52 REPLIES 52
NinoR
Newcomer
Message 1 of 53
Message 1 of 53

Fans not working Correctly

I downloaded the new Control Center for my Medion Erazer x25 beast, and now the fast are not working properly anymore. When I want to set my own graph for the CPU I can barely edit it and it starts off all over the place. When I don't set my own graph the fan speeds stay at idle (31%) and dont go up even if the cpu is 95 degrees celcius. Does anyone know what I have to do?

52 REPLIES 52
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 53
Message 2 of 53

Hi @NinoR and welcome to the MEDION Community,

maybe it helps, if you (1st of all) describe which certain MEDION ERAZER Beast X25 model you own (pls name MD number or 8-digit MSN 300xxxxx, which is placed on a sticker on the bottom).
Afterwards tell us which OS and ControlCenter Service Version and ControlCenter UWP you currently have installed, or post a schreenshot, that shows this information.

Cheers

Major ToM
Further tip: To mention a Community user in such a way that he or she is notified when you reply, write an @ sign in front of the respective name. (z.B. @Major_Tom)

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
NinoR_
Apprentice
Message 3 of 53
Message 3 of 53

Hey @Major_ToM thanks for your reply,

Sorry that my response took so long but I was researching what my exact problem was. I also made a new community on my main Medion account, that is why my name is a bit different. Let me just tell you all the details:

BIOS: 1.26MED11

MSM: 30031235

CC: 3.33.19.0 (Even though I have installed it from the website and says 3.33.21.0 multible times)

NinoR__2-1642258631896.png

One day I started my pc and Turbo Mode was gone, I think this is because of an automatic bios update and I doubt turbo mode disappearing was meant to happen. Then I installed the new CC and its all messed up. The Fan Graphs are all over the place and I cant change them:

NinoR__3-1642258779960.png

Then I noticed that also my GPU also doesn't go over 210 MHZ anymore, as seen in the first picture. I went from 300 fps to 15 in The Tenanats. I personally think I got an automatic BIOS update that wasn't meant for my laptop (Erazer x25 3070). 

Nino

gtsuit
New Voice
Message 4 of 53
Message 4 of 53

Identical problem for me. It just started today. 

Fans stuck on 31% and no turbo mode. 

This is a UK 3080 Beast X25 with 5800H   MSN 30031980

How do I solve this?

gtsuit
New Voice
Message 5 of 53
Message 5 of 53

And I didn't download a new control centre. It started happening without my changing one single thing.

I'm on control centre 3.33.4.0 and bios 1.26med11. Judging by the logs a new bios installed itself yesterday so it must be the bios.

NinoR_
Apprentice
Message 6 of 53
Message 6 of 53

@gtsuit quick question. Do you also have windows 11 installed? Or haven't you upgraded yet. I was considering switching to windows 10 again, because I thought windows 11 wasn't compatible and was causing the problem.

gtsuit
New Voice
Message 7 of 53
Message 7 of 53

No. Still on Windows 10. 

Everything was absolutely fine until today so I assume it must be the new bios that has wrecked everything. 

NinoR_
Apprentice
Message 8 of 53
Message 8 of 53

@gtsuit Alright that's good to know, thanks. You are the first person I've come across that has the same problem. I have tried installing an older BIOS version, but it instantly updates it to the new one once you restart your pc.

gtsuit
New Voice
Message 9 of 53
Message 9 of 53

Since I have some very pressing and very GPU heavy work to do I am not at all impressed that Medion can cripple my machine remotely without me being able to prevent it.

If this isn't sorted in the next few hours I will be very unhappy indeed. And on top of that the control center won't let me manually adjust any of the fan settings myself so this machine has effectively been rendered useless. 

NinoR_
Apprentice
Message 10 of 53
Message 10 of 53

Yep same here. This is my main coding computer and it's useless since it overheats when I run a python script. The whole experience has been really frustrating and is costing me a lot of time

52 REPLIES 52