Did you mean: 

Erazer X7859 Performance Help

12 REPLIES 12
AJMCC12345
Trainee
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Erazer X7859 Performance Help

Hi everyone, two days ago i bought this medion x7859 gaming laptop, second hand, it was £580 and a good deal and when I bought it was fine.

The fans were really quiet and the system generally seemed to be running quite well.

But once I factory reset it and cleaned the drives, using the built-in windows function, I noticed the fans got stupidly loud and once it reinstalled windows, I noticed it was really loud even when just browsing chrome or microsoft teams, I checked the control centre and noticed that the fans hit 50% at about 40C for cpu and gpu, is this right?

Is it possible I may have lost an update on the bios? or perhaps even lost some of the drivers? as it seems to be really loud and I did a userbenchmark performance test just to see and i got really bad and unexpected results, of which I will provide a screenshot of.

Any help will be appreciated thanks.shitty performance.PNG

12 REPLIES 12
AJMCC12345
Trainee
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

Hi thanks for the reply, it's just that my cpu will regularly hit 95-99 degrees c. And I watched a few videos on it and people were undervolting and underclocking and showing how it dropped the temperature by up to 30 degrees without hindering the performance too much because it stops thermal throttling 

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 12 of 13
Message 12 of 13

Well, I had a try on ThrottleStop. As suspected it does nothing. Perhaps because my CPU is locked for overclock but even lowering voltage for GPU did exactly the same. Nothing.

I hope it will work for you.

AJMCC12345
Trainee
Message 13 of 13
Message 13 of 13

Yeah I'll have a look into it, not gonna bother touching the gpu though as it works fine

12 REPLIES 12